Will anything get rid of ants overnight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peggyy

We just parked at a site and there are several mounds near our doorway. Do not want to wake with them in my camper!  Suggestions?

I use 1 part sugar which attracts them and add it to 2 parts of Borax soap which kills them. Works on fire ants also.

not all ants are interested in sugar.
poison is the only workable way. and lots of it.
bleach, comet.(bleach powder) and a type of dirt sold as a poison, i forget the name but sold some places labeled "roach proof".
just surround your camp site with a foot wide strip of any of these.
if the nest is within said area. soak any opening with one of these and look for other openings for a nest. sad you can not just flood the nest.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/BAYER-ADVANCED-1-3-Gallon-Carpenter-Ant-Termite-Killer-Plus-with-Ergo-Grip/3032732 

I've been using that for several years. Doesn't stink and I also use it inside my house.

Android??? Methinks you mean Amdro. Or has Google come up with still another use for smartphones?

When our TT was invaded by ants my sis told me to put dryer sheets around the floor, on the counters and in the cabinets.  We did it in every room.  No more ants.  Don't ask me how or why it works.  I don't know.  I only know it does.

You could always try Scorpions?  ;D

If you don't like that suggestion for some reason,

https://www.top10homeremedies.com/how-to/how-to-get-rid-of-ants-naturally.html

Pesky things. 

Overnight? how about within hours.
I use a combination of regular pinesol and really hot water. I drench the area affected and this helps kill the trail that the ants leave behind in order to make their way back to their nest. I scrub or soak the area with hot HOT water thoroughly and let it dry for about a half hour. Following that I repeat the process only this time I use the pinesol ( is that how you spell it?) HA!...

Generally I find that the ants are gone within about 2 hours and rarely come back to the same place.  IF you want to do it "naturally"... good luck as all you are doing is feeding them and then blowing them up internally if you use baking sugar and baking soda or borax.

Cheers and happy ant riddance!

Al

They blow up internally?  I'm going to get my magnifying glass!  I get ants in the kitchen every year.  I don't think they take the bait back to the nest.

It is true that some ants don't go for sugar. Some are looking for protein.

For complete coverage I mix some of the  Borax into sugar, and some into peanut butter and/or bacon grease.

The ants swarm all over their food of choice and take the Borax back to the nest, killing off the whole colony.

Boil a pot of water, pour on mound. It kills the ants and their eggs down in the mound. Costs little and has proven effective.

Grits seem to work very well. Just cover mounds with grits and in the morning the ants will be gone.

Back
Top Bottom