Basement air not coming on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dibbs49

Hello everyone,  I have a 2000 winnebago journey 36l that has the basement ac unit.  It does not come on.  I replaced all capacitors and it has a new t stat.  The control board green led is on.  Any suggestions on starting point of diagnosis?  Thanks

is your tstat like the original tstat...knock offs wont work..are you on genny or shore power. does it work on heat pump??

With the air turned on and the house 12 volt turned on, first check to see if contactors are closed. If open, then check for low voltage between the common & probably yellow (wire coming from the t-stat). If no low voltage here, check t-stat. If low voltage is here, check at coils of contactors for low voltage.

T stat is a direct OEM replacement.  I'm on shore power,  I'm not clear on if mine has a heat pump,  the furnace works fine though.    I haven't tried with the coach on 12volt to see if that helps.  Thanks for the help,  I'll post back with updates

It should be a heat pump. On my website RV pages I have truth table of what voltage should be on each lead to the control board of the heat pump. Look at the link to the Colman-Mach thermostat upgrade to an ecobee smart thermostat.

Also in the service manual is a description of what LED should be lit on the control board for certain operating modes.

Once I get back home this week I can give more information,  model and symptoms.    thanks again

The model # of ac unit is 6636A871,  the tstat I replaced that was in the coach when I bought it is 6636 345.  I got on the airxcel web page and one states the 345 and another states the correct tstat is 6636 341.  Can anyone share any insight on which tstat would be the correct one?  Thanks

All readings were taken at the 9 pin connector going into pcb.  With cm mach tstat in cool auto fan mode, red wire 12v,  yellow wire, to comp. 1.  NO VOLTS,  note, fan will come on when switch moves to fan on, both high and low,  but not in auto,  my unit # is 6636A871,  2stage cooling and gas heat, i do not thing this has an heat pump.  Furnace works great, 

I would then try to check yellow wire leaving t-stat, if NO volts, then check red wire into t-stat, if YES, then something probably haywire in t-stat.

On the thermostat wiring, jumper P2-2 (red) to P2-5 (yellow). This puts +12v on Y1 (compressor #1) and signals the control board on the basement unit to start the compressor.

Well using that jumper wire from red to yellow the compressor came on,    heading to RV store to buy another tstat,  I'll keep you guys posted,  if it works,  I'll be a happy camper!   

Back
Top Bottom