Dan & Jeannine's New Mobile Suite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeannine

We took delivery of our new Mobile Suites 5th wheel trailer a couple of weeks ago.  Since then, we have been transferring everything from our old trailer, making modifications, and getting things fixed.  It's been a lot of work, but things are now falling into place.

We decided to buy new for several reasons.  First of all, the older models didn't have the carrying capacity we wanted.  Secondly, by ordering from the factory, we were able to get it configured the way we wanted.  We are still working out the new trailer bugs, and some replacement items will be shipped to us when we get to Oregon. 

Our dealer, Kansas RV Center, has been fantastic to work with.  They have a special team that does the PDI and fixes both the things they find wrong and those the customer finds.  There is no wait for a service appointment.  Kansas RV Center is owned by NuWa, which used to manufacture HitchHiker RVs.

I'm attaching a few photos.

Jeannine

Attachments

• 01-Exterior Small.jpg
    01-Exterior Small.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 105
  • 02-Curbside Small.jpg
    02-Curbside Small.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 03-Rear Small.jpg
    03-Rear Small.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 04-Street side Small.jpg
    04-Street side Small.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 05-Kitchen Small.jpg
    05-Kitchen Small.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 06-Bedroom Small.jpg
    06-Bedroom Small.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 87
Sun2Retire said:
Beautiful rig. Love the desk area with the view

Thank you. We built the desk ourselves and will probably stain or laminate the top.  Tomorrow my sewing machine comes out of hiding

I think my favorite feature is going to be the dishwasher, once we have a full hookup.  Right now, we don't have a sewer connection so I am limiting my use.  I was really looking forward to the Furrion oven and cooktop, but I've been having problems getting/keeping the pilot lit on the oven.  The tech adjusted the gas pressure a few days ago, and the thermostat knob is tricky.  I'm doing a lot of baking to test it, which makes Dan happy.

The best part of the desk, from my point of view, is that it will hold both my table loom and my sewing machine (though not at the same time).

We're staying close to the dealership while we get the bugs worked out.

Jeannine

Very nice, Jeannine!  Will you and Dan be using the rear desk at the same time or will you let your work slop over to the opposite side?

Lou Schneider said:
Very nice, Jeannine!  Will you and Dan be using the rear desk at the same time or will you let your work slop over to the opposite side?

I don't think Dan will LET my work slop over.? Fortunately,  there seems to be plenty of elbow room for both of us.  Dan is busy reinstalling mods he made to our previous trailer.  Today's project is the tire pressure monitoring system.  The dealer moved our solar panels and wired them up to the trailer's systems, so he didn't have to repeat that job.

Jeannine

That new trailer looks really nice, Jeannine!  Love the double desk setup too.  I know you'll enjoy it just as much or more than the previous ones.  Happy travels!

ArdraF

The double desk is working out really well.  At first, I was skeptical but Dan pointed out that I could use my side for sewing and weaving.  I finished a sewing project a few days ago and am currently warping my table loom which can stay  on the desk until we move in a few days.  The loom folds up for travel and has a new home behind the file cabinets.  No more moving it from the dining table to the sofa every time we eat!

Jeannine

Back
Top Bottom