Vectra Headlight Replacements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rwsward

We own a 2004 Vectra and are in the process of doing some renovations.  One of the items we need to replace are the headlights.  UV has fogged over the lenses. 

From what I've found on the internet, MAXZONE makes the headlights for Winnebago for our model coach (part number 331-1186R-AS & 331-1186L-AS).  Now MAXZONE is a subsidiary of DEPO, a Taiwanese company that also makes headlights with the same part numbers.  From the photos on AMAZON, the headlights look similar but are taken from different angles so I'm not certain they are the same.  Also, the DEPO lights say they are for the Mercury Mountaineer.

The rub is there is a $200/ea difference in price.

My question is does anyone have any experience with replacing the headlights on their Vectra with the DEPO lights? Are there other less expensive options to the MAXZONE lights?

Thanks

Check the DOT number.  Typically MH mfgs buy ready made parts, so your head lights being from a Ford is not unrealistic.  Before you spend the money have you tried one of the plastic restore products found at auto parts stores?

Yes, get the DOT numbers off the original and do a search - Amazon is a decent source.  Just did my 2010 WBGO and they were Ford parts.

No motorhome manufacturer builds enough units to justify a custom headlight design, so they will always be a component from another, higher volume vehicle.  Follow the advice the others gave and save yourself major bucks.

rwsward said:
Also, the DEPO lights say they are for the Mercury Mountaineer. 

That agrees with my notes from an earlier discussion thread...  2004 Mercury Mountaineer headlights were used in our 2004 Vectras.

emiddleb said:
That agrees with my notes from an earlier discussion thread...  2004 Mercury Mountaineer headlights were used in our 2004 Vectras.
Same on our 2005 Vectra!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom