Progressive HW 50c remote cable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ghostman

Progressive Hw 50c. Remote cable. I wanted to run the display farther than the 14' cable it came with. I ordered 50' RJ11 phone cable for the job. The remote won't come on. Tried a 25' phone cable same thing. Plug the 14' cable that came with it back in works fine. I am assuming the one that came with it is data cable and not phone. although it is flat also and not round. Anyone else run into this issue. I was just wanting to run it up to the rest of my controls inside.

Most phone cables are reversing, unlike data cables that are wired straight through. Try a data cable connected to the original cable with a double female adapter. Any proprietary wiring on the original cable should follow the straight through wiring of a data cable.

You can also order RJ11 cables that are wired straight through.

HappyWanderer said:
Most phone cables are reversing, unlike data cables that are wired straight through. Try a data cable connected to the original cable with a double female adapter. Any proprietary wiring on the original cable should follow the straight through wiring of a data cable.

You can also order RJ11 cables that are wired straight through.

After I read further in the manual I seen it listed it as a data. Thanks for the info. I will just order the cable. Finish another day.  Thanks again.

There is a difference betwen the DATA cable that comes with the unit and a PHONE cable. It has to do with how the plugs are installed.

To extend the cable however you can use a double female phone connector and standard phone cable.. BUT YOU MUST USE THE INCLUDED DATA CABLE

If you are making your own then read on, else stop now

the difference is this.
If you lay a phone cable flat, yhou will find tab up on one end, tab down on the other. thus pin 1 is pin 1 all the way

But if you lay the data cable. you will find the tabs on both ends are either up or down
So pin 1 on one end is pin FOUR on the other....  And that is your problem with the phone cables. they do not flip the wires.

Yes I just went and got some RJ11 ends. Had to go to work and get my crimpers. I just put a new end on one end and flipped the wires works fine. Been awhile since I had to use RJ11 ends. Ha ha. Thanks everyone.

I was going to suggest making your own, but John's description was better than I would have written, and you already did it.  Glad it worked out!

Back
Top Bottom