Tying the knot, Royally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Chris and I were up at 3:00am PT to watch the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. A wonderful spectacle. I always enjoy watching the "A-list" of celebrities arriving at the chapel. They forgot to send us an invite to the lunch or the evening party.

I thoroughly enjoyed all the coverage of the wedding.  Have to admit that I DVR'd it and began watching at 6 a.m. PT.  Stayed with it most of the day until the Preakness came on.

Margi

Glad you enjoyed it Margi, but ...
Preakness  ???

Tom said:
Chris and I were up at 3:00am PT to watch the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. A wonderful spectacle. I always enjoy watching the "A-list" of celebrities arriving at the chapel. They forgot to send us an invite to the lunch or the evening party.

Had I known you wanted to go I would have sent you our invitation. We declined    ;D

Tom said:
Glad you enjoyed it Margi, but ...
Preakness  ???

Love horses!  The Preakness is the second jewel in the triple crown.  Equestrian royalty?  ;D

Thanks Margi, I hadn't previously read/heard that term.

I heard that Elton John, an invitee, performed at lunch. Everyone remembers his 'Candle In The Wind/Goodbye England's Rose' rendition at Diana's funeral.

I did not watch the wedding. But I did see a picture of the bride, I loved the gown. I also saw a picture of the way Prince Harry looked at her when he saw her for the first time in her gown. Made my heart melt.

We are so lucky to have all the pomp and circumstance of the Royal weddings. This will probably be the last big one for a while.  Great history.  So many Brits complain about them though, drives me crazy. 

I was up at 3am to watch the ceremonies. BBC started at 4am and they were married at 7am here on the east coast. I was so shocked because the sun was shining the whole time. The sun in England, who would have thunk it? ???

When I first tuned in my first thought was to wonder if they were holding an ugly hat contest. There must be a law that you must wear the ugliest hat you can find to go to a wedding in England. My vote goes to the English gentlemen in a black hat who led the Lord's Prayer.

Tom said:
Oh, was that yesterday?

There was a special on TV last night also, that told about their lives from basically childhood through the wedding day.  Quite interesting and it really showed the type of people they are....how much they both care about others and how they want to do whatever they can to make the world a better place with their charities and such.  It was an insight to their inner "person" and actually kind of surprising to me at least.  I think that sometimes, without knowing folks, we have a tendency to assume ....."Oh, they are a couple of very rich and spoiled kids/brats/whatever", without knowing the type of people that they really are.  After watching it, I had a new appreciation for both of them and I wish them nothing but the best in their future.

Prince Harry gained a lot of respect from me with his two combat tours in Afghanistan. The second tour was unfortunately cut short though, when an Australian magazine broke a story about his service there despite the press promising to keep his presence secret due to security concerns.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom