Winnebago Rialta Double 1996

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gestalt

Hello, I have the chance to buy a Winnebago Rialta Double 1996 with 80K miles on it. I'd like to get input from real Pro's (that's you).

The Rialta is in a decent condition, from what I saw. I was just peaking into all storages but we did not have a test drive and checked all features when they are running. We will do this in a few days to see if it all functions well.

The last owner, was the second owner and had it for the past two year. They want to get rid of it, cause the couple is getting too old. I think they were living in it for a while. It has some scent in it, maybe that's normal. I would not say that it smells mouldy, but ... old...
The tires were looking worn out, like not much profile on it ? although it doesn't have that much milage. I think these are the original tires. 

So I have a bunch of questions:
They want 22K for it ? is that fair?
It was going trough the smoke check last year ? but we worry for how long it will continue to go trough the smoke check. What do you think?
Can I install solar panels on it ? anyone did it on this model/year?

Thank you all in advance!
G

There is a person that's been trying to sell his two Rialta's for 4000 dollars...its been on Craigslist since 2014 before I bought my coach for SfBayarea...take a look at the ad...at least you will have 2 of them and have a spare for parts.

Pretty cool looking rigs!  If they were turbodiesel (clean or not) it might be worth a try but I think parts are going to get hard to find for that VW. 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom