Instructions for maintenance or add freon to basement air 2002 Journey DL 36LD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone have a good reference for where to add freon to the basement air? And any other maintenance items to check. The air is blowing cool, but not cold and on a 95 degree day, just could not keep up.

There are no service fittings, the unit would need to be pulled and fittings added. There are a bunch of threads about basement air problems, one very common problem is leaky ducts behind the rear cap and where the air exits the air handler itself.

Also make sure both compressors are running, run the generator, turn off the electric water heater, and turn the thermostat set temperature down to about 65*. With both compressors running, you should see about 21 or 22 amps on your ammeter.

We have the same issue in our 2010 Itasca Suncruiser. Do you happen to know if the same answer would apply?

youracman said:
Al, the Winnebago Site says "TrueAir? residential central air conditioning w/heat pump"
My bad.  I should have researched rather than just asking.  I was thinking of the Itasca Sunstar and Sunnova.  I guess the Suncruiser is the Itasca version of the Winnebago Adventure.

About a year ago a poster by the screen name of Island Guy posted this info regarding a technician who is the factory expert (AC Factory  - not Winnebago).

"316) 832-4357 don't pay any attention to the "only for qualified technicians"
Eric is a nice guy..."

Can't hurt to give it a try.  He is very knowledgeable on basement air units.

Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom