Auto fantastic vent with cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ghostman

Just curious. I installed a fantastic vent that is auto with remote last year because my wife was to short to reach the handle in the bathroom. I have also always installed the vent covers even though the vent has a rain sensor. I bought one for this last year but realized when the vent was full open it would hit the vent so I did not install it. Didn't think it was a big deal until it rained and shut while taking showers. I hate having that much moisture in the coach. Is there a way to adjust how far the vent opens in auto? Is there a vent cover that will allow it to open all the way. I always used Maxx air vent covers. I seen Dometic has a new Ultra Breeze out.. Didn't know if this allowed it to open all the way?

Ghostman said:
Is there a vent cover that will allow it to open all the way.
Yes there is. Ironically I had one on my auto fan and removed it. Worked fine but when I had solar installed it threw pretty good shade on one of the panels if the rig was oriented such that the late sun came from the right. Unfortunately I don't have it anymore or I'd send it to you. But they are available.

Sun2Retire said:
Yes there is. Ironically I had one on my auto fan and removed it. Worked fine but when I had solar installed it threw pretty good shade on one of the panels if the rig was oriented such that the late sun came from the right. Unfortunately I don't have it anymore or I'd send it to you. But they are available.

Do you remember what brand and model it was?

My fans aren't automatic, but I put an Ultrabreeze cover on one of them. There are also two Maxaire's the previous owner put on. The Ultrabreeze definitely let's them open a lot farther, and extends farther out to help keep rain spatter from coming in much better than the Maxaire's.

Fantastic fan makes one that would allow your fan to open fully.

Back
Top Bottom