Inverter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clockdrfla

Fridge quits cooling after about 6 hours on the road.  I thought as long as bed plug was hooked up to 5er fridge would continue to operate.  Two new batteries about 1 year ago.  1000 watt inverter.  Is this normal?

Are you sure that the RV batteries are being charged by the tow vehicle? You need to make sure the hot wire leaving the tow vehicle is putting out power. Start there.
With the tow vehicle running, see if you have power at the pin at the 1 o'clock position.

Rene is on point for the first thing to check.

I assume this is a 120V residential fridge?

For me , #2 is how much power is actually getting from the truck to the FW batteries?  When the fridge quits, are the batteries depleted or charged? 

If properly connected, the truck sends any EXTRA power not needed by the truck to the FW.  Power to the FW is further limited by the wire gauge and distance (length of wire) from the truck alternator to the FW batteries, and any losses in the connecting plugs.  These things can be addressed, but first see if this is the problem.

#3 is if the fridge was cold to start the day, it should still be cold 6 hours later if the door is left closed.  Is the fridge warming up?

Back
Top Bottom