advice on replacing worthless "love seat" sleeper with 2 recliners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

decaturbob

I have a class C and to tell you the truththe loveseat is a waste, too small for anyboday except a 6yr to sleep on and way too unforgettable to sit on.  Has any one replaced with a pair of small recliners?  Just wondering before I start researching more

Check the space underneath the love seat and make sure there's nothing hidden there.  Hidden spaces under couches, etc. are favorite places for RV manufactures to hide things.

There's been quite a few that have changed them out. Jackknife sofas also get changed out a good bit. Flexsteel probably makes something that may fit in the vacated space, and I've read La-z-boy Pinnacle series are used quite a bit also.

I had changed out a really uncomfortable couch in a previous rig with a pair of theater seating from a local furniture store. They were even powered and were way more comfortable than the RV stuff that came with the rig.

When we bought our FW, the seller described the sofa bed as the perfect place for guests who have overstayed their welcome.  He was right!  And it is uncomfortable to sit on as well!

Lou Schneider said:
Check the space underneath the love seat and make sure there's nothing hidden there.  Hidden spaces under couches, etc. are favorite places for RV manufactures to hide things.

nothing under the love seat, pretty open but inaccessible and a waste of space that could have been planned to used.  Not an issue if I remove love seat at all

grashley said:
When we bought our FW, the seller described the sofa bed as the perfect place for guests who have overstayed their welcome.  He was right!  And it is uncomfortable to sit on as well!

the love seat doesn't approach a "sofa bed" as its a love seat that will open like a futon and only big enough so a 10 year kid thats under 4'6" in ht. As a seat, its not awfull but to me its useless.  If no good for a "bed" I rather see something more comfortable to set on.

We're thinking of doing the same thing.  The sofa in our new motorhome is lightyears ahead of the other one.  Still for extended travel it doesn't provide the necessary support for our aging backs.  I have a Costco $500 recliner at home that I can fall asleep in.  Don't think it would work in the motorhome since it's not a wall hugger.  Let us know what you plan on doing. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom