Thor - Windsport TV Changeout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ConductorX

I have a Thor-Windsport.  It has the original built in antique non-cable ready TV.  I want to remove it and put in a modern flat screen.

How do I remove the old TV short of using a SAWZALL on my woodwork?

Thanks much,
"CX"

Attachments

• IMG_1924.JPG
    IMG_1924.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 20
Though this is on the Winnebago specific board, I'm sure you can get an idea or three on how to handle replacing your TV.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,23316.0.html

No, it is all wood trim and carpet, no screws or fasteners that I could find.  I am sure it can be accessed from the side cabinets but I don't want to destroy the cabinets just to make access.

"CX"

has to be a way in there, can't imagine that they started from the tv cabinet and worked outwards. What about from the top looking downward?

There's a good chance that the television was mounted then then the cabinet built around it with staples.

Look for plugs or caps that appear decorative. They sometimes use them to hide the screws that hold the trim strips on. I've also seen printed strips or dots used to cover screw heads.

Ernie

Ernie n Tara said:
Look for plugs or caps that appear decorative. They sometimes use them to hide the screws that hold the trim strips on. I've also seen printed strips or dots used to cover screw heads.

Ernie
Ernie,

You figured it out.  The camper is full of these decorative buttons.  Under each button is a snap and a square head screw.  The entire wood bottom under the TV came off once I removed all of the screws.

Attachments

• IMG_1934.JPG
    IMG_1934.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1932.JPG
    IMG_1932.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1931.JPG
    IMG_1931.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 8

Members online

Forum statistics