Lost power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brucekane

In my 2005 Itasca Horizon 36RD, the power to the fridge and all power outlets forward of that run through the GFCI in the lavatory. Yesterday I was cooking outside with an electric hot plate and DW decided to use her hairdryer at the same time. The power immediately quit. Looking into the array of circuit breakers, I notice that the breaker marked ?refrigerator? is untripped!! I have since replaced the GFCI and the 15 Amp circuit breaker and still no power. I have a voltage tester and there appears not to be any voltage at the circuit breaker. Does anyone have any ideas as to where to look next?

Please note that the power only quit on the power run from the GFCI in the lav to the outlets forward on the passenger side including the fridge.

I have a 2004 Journey. It has a GFCI at the forward side of the kitchen counter, next to the reading light switch. I'm not sure which outlets it is connected to but it might be the culprit.
Good Luck,
Indiana Journey

You didn't say if you had A/C power anywhere else in the coach. If you don't, check your Main breaker. Make sure no A/C appliances are on, then flip the Main breaker off, then on again. Some circuit breakers look like they haven't tripped when actually, they have.

Kev

To Kev: As I stated only the AC outlets downstream from the GFCI in the lav are affected which includes the fridge. To John: Where is the inverter subpanel?

There may be a reset on the invertor. If you are sure the new gfci is good it should be the only one on the circuit. Two GFCI on same circuit will trip each other. Are you positive you have power to other breakers in panel. Just because the GFCI is new dont mean it works. They are a pain in the ass. If you have no power at breaker though the GFCI is down stream from that. Just back track

Brucekane said:
To Kev: As I stated only the AC outlets downstream from the GFCI in the lav are affected which includes the fridge. To John: Where is the inverter subpanel?
Mine is at the foot of the bed next to the AC load center.

You stated that only the power down stream of the GFI has lost power. Are we to assume that you checked the voltage going to the GFI and that you have aprox 120 volts. If you have power going to the GFI and no Power on the Secondary side of the GFI the GFI is either Tripped or a bad GFI.

Herbie

Here's the Body, 110 Volt Wiring Diagram for your coach.  Here's the 110 Volt Load Center/Auto Transfer Switch diagram as well (this one shows the labels on the different circuit breakers in the Main Panel and Inverter Subpanel.  Both panels are at the foot of the bed, behind the wooden panel held on with Velcro.

Have you checked the circuit on the inverter itself (in the outside left rear compartment)?

If I remember correctly, I think there is a 30 amp, 1 pole breaker in my main box labeled, inverter, also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom