Shower Faucet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grashley

My shower has (I believe) a Dura faucet.  The vacuum break has leaked from day 1.  I ordered a replacement D Spud, but the old one refused to screw out!  Today, I decided to get it out - and broke it off!  It appears it was molded into the fixture.

Looking at replacement faucets, it seems many come with D spuds molded in!  Is this correct?  Do you replace the whole fixture (not that expensive) when the D Spud fails?

Any comments on faucet BRANDS to consider?  It seems the specific style is RV specific, and fairly cheap, compared to house bath fixtures.  (We are in the middle of a MAJOR bathroom remodel)  Any comments on the Temp compensating (anti scald) faucets?  I do plan on an Oxygenics replacement hand held head.

This is what I replaced the shower faucet with in our MH:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HYIKEKW/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item

Then I added a cutoff valve like this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Brass-Volume-Control-Shower-Valve-in-Chrome-1-2-in-IPS-Connection-91888/100665788?cm_mmc=Shopping%7CG%7CBase%7CD29B%7C26-3_FAUCETS%7CNA%7CPLA%7CTop_Sellers%7c71700000032893889%7c58700003859506767%7c92700030997156021&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxMPX3sSZ2wIVWbXACh3E-g1TEAQYASABEgLAHfD_BwE&dclid=CIqNv-zEmdsCFYmoaQodB8QLYg  on the top of the faucet to turn off the water flow to the shower head while taking a shower.  That way once I have set the water temp, it stays set while I take a navy shower. 

It seems these Dura faucets are quite common.  Are others happy with them?

I do plan to at least change the fixture.  I did find the replacement part for about 5 bucks.  I want to ditch the dark oiled bronze look.

John, I had seen that video, and am considering that route, but it is a LOT more work than the simple Dura replacement like Al referenced.  Besides, I would have to explain degrees Celsius every time my wife took a shower!  Do you have one of these and how do you like it?

Gordiegaffer said:
i also have a 29 r how much of a pia is it to replace the Faucet how do you get to it
The old faucet had regular household water connections, so it was just a matter of popping off the decorative covers on the 4 screw heads holding the 10" x 6" panel on the shower wall, unscrewing the water connections and connecting the new faucet. 

The bathroom sink faucet was about the same. 

I so not yet have one. But it will be in the future.  Once you set the temp you never change it. and you set it the same way you do not.. By trial and error.

As for C/F conversion.. In my head automatically . But I cheat

To convert: Double C, take away 10% and add 32  This is an approximation but

40 C be omes 80-8 that is 72 _32 is 104 F

If you want ACCURATE  well then C*9/5_32 is still 104 degrees. As I said fairly accurate. but still an approximation turns out my example was the point where it is most accurate.

40 C becomes 80-8 that is 72 _32 is 104 F

C*9/5_32

Interesting but.. JFD's formulas translate as follows:  40? C  to 104?F:    2 x 40?= 80... less 10% (-8) = 72 ... + 32= 104? F

or more scientifically:

(?C x 9/5) +32 = ?F

Or, the quick and dirty as I would do it (almost daily... I'm an old Canadian eh??):

Double the ?C  and add 30? = ?F 

(Don't need the 10% stuff and it works close enough for the daily forecast temperatures and perhaps gumimint work... )

I know the conversion calculations.  My wife does not!

The easy one is -40 C  =  -40 F, but that is too cold for a shower!  :mad:

Actually, John, you are completely accurate!  2C * 9/10 = C * 9/5

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom