onan genset emerald 4000 1990 class c

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edward2.0

iv been working on this for months. i've done the cleaning and changed some parts and plugs.
i can get it running but it wont stay running unless the ignition button is held down. which i know is a bad idea.
thought its a new board , i have been pressing that button often while diagnosing the issues.

PLEASE HELP ME RESOLVE THIS BEFORE I HAVE TO SPEND MONEY I DONT HAVE, BEING DISABLED.
YOUR NEW FRIEND
EDWARD2.0

Generally speaking, this symptom occurs because of 1: a low oil level or  2: 120v is not being generated. The tests for both are bypassed while the start button is depressed, but as soon as you release the button, the engine stops running because one of the tests failed.

It could also be the result of the oil level sensor being defective or disconnected, or the circuit board is defective and does not detect the 120V output properly. Some Onan generators will output a trouble code by a flashing light, but I do not know if this will occur with your model or not.

You might find something here that is helpful: http://www.skilledcrafting.com/onanfiles/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom