Where are you going for the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hflors

Since dh is still recovering from surgery we will (sadly) not be able to do any camping for the next couple of weeks (4 weeks to be exact)  Anyone going on a trip this week end or any time soon?  Please give this "would be" camping couple a lift and let us know where you are going.....    I love to read all the wonderful places there are to visit!!!

Thanks.  At least if we can't get out we can read about other who can :)

Helen

DW and I just got back from our Memorial Day weekend; we went a weekend early.

We agreed when we starting RV'ing that there were plenty of other weekends to go and that we didn't need the stress of too many people, screaming kids, loud music and obnoxious drunks...at all hours of the day and night, I might add.  I suppose you'd miss that if staying in a 55+ area or an upscale RV Park, but there are none of those close to us and 3 days is not enough time to get to one, enjoy downtime, and get back.  We've visited enough people during summer holidays at campgrounds to know how much we don't need that.

So, we are staying home and working in the yard  ;D

....and I hope you guys are back RV'ing soon!

We're heading to a music festival in OH.  Our fourth time to this one.  It's always a good time.  :)

When we had kids in school we always went somewhere on the three day weekends. Now the kids are gone, we are retired, and we don?t do that anymore. We had thought of doing some canoeing this weekend, but it is going to be ridiculously hot here, so I think we will stay home. We are having some of the kids over on Saturday for dinner though. Of course they are paying for their dinner by climbing in the attic of the new house to see about adding a ceiling fan, so I think we end up the winner here.

The RV will be parked in Groveland Twp. MI.. IN a campground I've never been to but have dispatched police to many times (Non-emergency call to 9-1-1 in case you wonder why)

I Welll Groveland Twp is about half way from Frankenmuth (Balloon festival this weekend) Troy (Traditional Memorial Sunday Concert MC'ed by Davis Gloof who is one of my Facebook and real life friends) So Im going to be driving north and south on I-75 in Lower MI.

Fort Peck, MT
Grandkids will come over for a couple days and stay in tents.  Fishing and relaxing for me.

We will be headed to North Jellystone park in Burleson TX with son and daughters family's.  12 in all with the grandkids.  Can't wait!!

Hope DH recovers completely and y'all get back on the road.

Robin

Since we are FT, we always have to be somewhere. We are staying in Feathery Park this week in Anaheim. We had planned on being in Big Bear in the mountains, but since I am still working on getting the new Jeep set up to tow, being closer to the city made more sense.  We will hit Big Bear in November when we are back in the area.

Lake George NY. About 4 years ago we found a small campground just south of the village away from all the hustle and bustle of the village itself. We've gone back every Memorial Day since. There is even a walking/biking path that we can use if we don't want to drive into the village and fight for parking...but let me tell ya - a mile and a half is a long ways to walk after a few cold ones at the local microbrewery!

Flying to Florida for a Memorial Service. Returning Sunday, but must wait for early July before beginning our 4,700 mile trip through 10 states.

Since we are retired we stay home on the holidays and travel at other times and in the winter going south. Just do not like all the people and kids and noise on the holidays.

We don't mind the noise and kids, or the people as long as they're not all drunked up and rowdy. I used to think the kids would get on my nerves, but I realized I was a kid once. And it brings me joy that they are outside being kids, and not stuck inside somewhere playing video games or watching TV/movies.

Back
Top Bottom