Windshield Wipers Service?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camperAL

Hello,

When it rain it pours! Besides having trouble with the back up camera, our windshield wiper blades were not working the best on our last trip we took. Seem to be getting stuck in random places and not working smooth. I looked up a mobile mechanic in the area near me and they said they don't work on them. Seems you have to take the coach in to a truck place.

Any ideas or suggestions on this problem. I believe the motor might be going bad. Thank you in advance!

Hi,

Got a quote from a truck place to work on the windshield wiper blades. Cost $137 labor plus the cost of the electric motor replacement which doesn't sound too bad. So should have things back to normal in a week or so.

I experienced a similar situation earlier this year. The blades would stop working' and then out of nowhere they would do several swipes. All totally random and unpredictable. Once we were settled in our site, and the rains stopped I dug into the problem. Come to find out the nut on the motor shaft had loosened up. I think I could have just added a new lock washer of some type and that would have resolved the problem. I realized that fact after I replaced all of the components, except for the motor.

So from my ordeal you may want to check those nuts & fittings right at the motor.

Good luck, and hope this helps a little.

Corky   

Hi Corky,

I'll give the nut a check next time I am at the RV. Thank you very much for your help!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stubblejumper
Back
Top Bottom