Battery drain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlkZrx

Have a 2001 Georgetown with a battery drain problem. Something is draining the starting battery and at the same time we lost the cooling on the refrigerator.  Does the inverter have something to do with all this?  Thanks for any ideas..

Maybe, but the basic problem  with the engine start battery is insufficient battery charging.  Forest River brand coaches do not charge the engine battery while plugged to shore power, so the engine battery can run down with just normal usage.

Your inverter may also be your battery charger, but I'm not familiar enough with your Georgetown to know. That would not be typical in a 2001 Georgetown, though.

Loss of cooling is typically not battery related. If the control panel on the fridge lights up and the switches work, it has power and that aspect is fine. I suspect that at age 17 its cooling unit is simply dying.  If the temperatures inside are cool but not cold, or if the freezer chills but not the fridge portion, odds are strong that the cooling unit is simply failing and will require replacement.

I have a battery tender permanently installed in coach and plugged into RV 110 vac . Then I don't have to worry about it when it is parked.

Back
Top Bottom