Rattling Door

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan de La Mesa

I've seen this topic bemoaned in the past, but not recently. We just completed a cross-country trek in our 2006 Winnebago View, and after 100 miles of listening to the side door rattle, it got a bit tedious.

We stopped at a Camping World where they showed us a roll of weather stripping for $69.00. We declined their kind offer and picked up a roll at Lowe's for less than $6. I applied it between the metal of the door itself and the built-in rubber strip, placing the adhesive side to the metal. Each time the door is closed, it confirms the adhesion by pressing it into the metal.

While I have to close the door a little more aggressively now to get it to latch, the rattle is totally gone.

I should point out that the door has a set of screws for adjusting the contact which probably would also have solved the problem, but my rig is 12 years old now, and the screws are corroded to the extent that I didn't want to risk stripping them, and I didn't have any messy liquid screwdriver with me to attempt to loosen them.

If your door rattles and will allow this placement, I heartily recommend this solution.

Back
Top Bottom