Something bad happening with toilet please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sjhine

Hello guys! So this is my first time in a camper ever and I have a summer job and the people I work for provided me with a camper. I?m not sure what kind it is but the toilet is a thedson aqua magic I think? Anyway the toilet started not flushing all the way like things will leave the toilet bowl and then stay right under the little toilet flap like I can see he toilet paper and stuff when he flap moves when I flush he toilet. I thought the problem was the tank being full so I just had that dumped but the excrement from before is still there under the flap! How do I make it ?go down?? I would rather not have to call someone to help i would like to do it on my own as my employers own the thing... thank you so much!!!!

First, welcome to the RVForum. Perhaps everything didn't flush out when the tank was dumped. Maybe it was so full that some solids at the top of the tank, just under the toilet, might be lodged in place. Or it could be that, who ever dumped the tank, only dumped the grey tank, not the black tank. Another worst case scenario is that you have a poop pyramid in your blank tank, which is caused by not using enough water in the black tank, allowing the waste to solidify and create the poop pyramid.

Kev

Shut the water off and then use the flusher to open the valve and look down with a flash light to see what is going on. If it is just stuff caught in the valve you should be able to clean it off, (naturally use rubber gloves)
If it is a pile up of poop all the way up to the valve, you'll have to use a broom stick and a pail of water to loosen it up. Then turn the water back on and use lots of it to flush the entire tank out.

Keep in mind that for regular use the black water tank valve should be kept closed until the tank is nearly full before dumping it, and use the proper chemicals and amount of chemicals

Good luck
jack L

I would investigate as JackL recommends. 
My guess is the trailer has never had the black tank drained properly.  I presume it's not new, and has been used for this purpose (employee's) multiple times.  After some review I would attempt to fill the tank with water and flush it out several times.  The one thing to remember is to use plenty of water every time you flush, just like a typical flush toilet.  It seems from your post that flushing the tank may be difficult due to location, and that you likely cannot move the trailer.  Whatever service drains the tank will need to be there for some time while it is flushed a few times.

Thank you guys so much! Ok I will check it out. I honestly don?t even know what everything is supposed to look like or where things will be when I first saw poop and toilet paper I just assumed the tank needed to be dumped. The camper is new to the owners, who are new to campers as well. It?s a used camper, though. They took it to a trailer park maybe and dumped it themselves last night so we don?t have a service some drain it which might be part of the problem. I didn?t even think about how you need to put enough water in etc and not treat it like a regular toilet. I have only been here about a week and a half though so this problem happened  quickly.
I read about home remedies like boiling water- could things like that help?

The toilet system in RVs is kind of like an old fashioned out house.  There is a tank to hold stuff until you dump.  It needs lots of water to work properly.  And try to ne er dump until its at least 2/3 full.
It sounds like you have the dreaded poo pile.  If yous is a straight shot from toilet to tank, take it to your dump station, connect to the dump, open the valve.  Fish a garden hose inside and stick it down the toilet and turn on.  Work the pile with water pressure until it clears.  Once you have the tank clean shut everything off, close the valve, add about 5 gallons of water and your done.

Being the owners are not familiar as far a dumping, maybe they didn't dump the black tank and only dumped a gray tank.

If the black tank is full and not emptying properly, the owners may need to get a flush hose to clean it out.  This is something you put down the toilet from the inside as you have the outside valve open.  But you have to be careful how you use it so you don't flood the bathroom with yucky water.

At the least, when they go to the dump station, they need to take some sort of water container like a two-gallon bucket and pour water down the toilet while holding the foot lever down.  This may need to be done several times while at the dump station.  In between times, you may want to use that broom handle to try to break the mass up. 

Once it is all cleaned out, you need to use more water during flushes and a lot less toilet paper. This may require more trips to the dump station, but otherwise, you will have another buildup of that dreaded "poop pyramid."

Two possible answers.
in my RV the "Stuff" goes down at an angle. it's very hard to see in the tank if there is  a Poop Pyramid (What they are describing above(

But sometimes stuff will hang up and I need to add more water and try again to flush it down.

If yours is STRAIGHT DOWN (Wish mine was) then see above responses. And a good flusher can help break it up. Sadly none of them are as good as I'd like.

One I build, then I found one almost like it  The Valterra Master Blaster.

How I built mine

1/2 Inch PVC, cap the low end then drill a hole I grabed one size down from 1/4 inch (First bit I grabbed, exact size not critical but I'd get as close to a quarter as you can)
Hose fitting and valve and check valve or vacuum breaker on the other end.
As you turn it it blasts well

Possible modification
A 2nd hole in the cap right at the edge at a 45 or thereabouts angle to blast ahead. or straight down  Make this hole a bit smaller say 1/8 inch that way it blasts a path for the pipe..

THe power of water is amazing. I've etched concrete with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom