Power Dynamic pd4060 noise ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camp4fun

I recently replaced a fried breaker box/old converter with a new pd4060 panel, for the first day or so all was good as the battery was down but as soon as the battery was full the converter started making a squealing noise .

The noise is high pitched and very annoying, if I turn lights on it gets quieter and quieter the more lights I turn on.  If I unplug from shore power for a day and plug it back in it?s quiet for the amount of time I would assume it would take to recharge the battery.

Any ideas on trouble shooting??  Warranty issue??    I am using 1 AGM 12 volt battery.

There are several noises  and causes.

A humm 60 or 120 hz. .But PD is a switching converter so they don't do that (Transormer laminations drying out)

A wirr,  The cooling fan PD's do use fans

A "hiss" this one can be very high pitched.
ONE cause is a bad connection. but there are other possible causes as well. I'd check with PD.

IF you happen to be passing near a town called Marshall MI.. I found the Service folks there very nice when I dropped in.  Industrial off old US-27  Old 27 is the main N/S road in town Industrial is SOUTH of the Brooks fountain and if going south it runs to the right.  Near the rail road tracks (of course

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom