Best Type For Pet Owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pilothawk

I am the property of two labs I rescued. 

I have a crew cab f250.  A 5w will work for me...but, it seems that a Class A is the better choice since I lose the back seat to the pups in a towable.

Is that the consensus of the forum?

Depends on what YOU want.  We have a quad Cab and our large dogs have always ridden in the back seat area.  If you carry passangers then that option might not work for you.  With a MH you will want a toad to get around.  Do you have a small vehicle to tow?

We travel in a 33? Class A with a lab rescue. He loves it. Before that, it was a 28? Class A. And before that, it was a different lab rescue in a 24? Class C. Both were very happy in the motorhome when traveling and when parked. Labs are incredibly adaptable and will make themselves comfortable in any space.

Pilothawk said:
I am the property of two labs I rescued. 

I have a crew cab f250.  A 5w will work for me...but, it seems that a Class A is the better choice since I lose the back seat to the pups in a towable.

Is that the consensus of the forum?
Basically two choices:
--  In the MH you don't have to move the pet to the car/truck when you travel. 
--  With a towable, when you travel you have to move the pet to the tow vehicle.

What works best for you??? 

We like the MH.  The pet is in the "home" when we travel.  Your RV is you "home" when you travel.

We have had two trailers and now a truck camper and since it is my wife and I it has never been a problem allocating the rear seat to our two big Akitas.  In fact the rear seat has been folded up since day one and I am considering removing it altogether.  I do see it as a problem unless you travel with passengers, do not have a crew cab or otherwise need that space for something else.

Back
Top Bottom