When our furry friends are in need of help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
We'd normally be in the RV at our summer RV lot, but are currently home. We knew something was "wrong" with Gabby (the Mom of our two cockapoos) when she couldn't/wouldn't eat her afternoon treat. Chris tried to give her a pill, but opening her jaw was clearly a problem. Gabby normally doesn't let us know something is wrong (aka she doesn't complain).

Chris got a last-minute appointment at our vet yesterday. The vet tried several times to get in her mouth, but Gabby merely squealed loudly. They eventually sedated her, but didn't come up with a definitive diagnosis, just some "possibles". Chris left with antibiotics and pain killers. which we crush into "soft" food. Chris was also told to visit the nearest "vet hospital" ($$$) if things don't improve over the holiday weekend.

So far, so good, but I hate when our furry friends can't tell us how they feel.

She's 9.

[quote author=Gods Country]...when dogs won't eat they're usually far sicker than we know.[/quote]

Agreed.

I can think of some serious conditions that might cause that. Sadly all the ones I know are very serious.. But I'm not a Vet Just an old farm boy.

I was telling a story this evening to some folks who got the puns but I know a lusty little angel.  She IS a Vet (The Puns.  Dr. Angela Lusty DVM she is not even 5' Tall and her specialty is horses .  But alas none of the equine vets will hire her.  Oh and she's now Dr. Angela Thomas. got married)  She is in Davison, MI. Pearson Pet Hospital.

John, our long-time friend is a long-time vet, but not local. Many years ago he told me that he'll work on any animal, but not a snake or sticking his arm up a cow's butt.

Tom, I can only imagine how anxious you are.

My sister is a vet and has owned a practice in Red Bluff for many years. She's chronic to get ahold of unless I grab her at work, but I will send her a text now alerting her that you may call. If you get to that point and would like another opinion on the phone, email/call me for her cell and work numbers

Hope Gabby does well through the holiday. It is so hard when we don?t know what?s wrong.

Thanks Scott. She seems to be doing much better today, but Chris has decided not to try to open her mouth until Monday. We've been giving her antibiotic and pain reliever pills crushed in soft food.

Fingers crossed it is nothing serious Tom, I know how bad it is when your loved furry friend is ill.

Tom said:
Thanks Scott. She seems to be doing much better today, but Chris has decided not to try to open her mouth until Monday. We've been giving her antibiotic and pain reliever pills crushed in soft food.

ok that?s good to hear. As I mentioned in my PM my sister commented that there is one issue that is far and away the most common, and usually responds to antibiotics, so your vet is likely addressing that already.

We're fortunate in that, literally 12 INCHES away from where we stay in Santa Cruz, CA, there is an animal hospital (vet).  They have a copy of both our cats records.

Thanks Scott. Didn't see your PM until a few minutes ago.

[quote author=wackymac]...12 INCHES away from where we stay in Santa Cruz, CA, there is an animal hospital (vet).
[/quote]
That's convenient. When we're at home (as we are now), we drive to the next town for our regular vet. We have vets set up at our summer and winter places. If we need to go to the nearest animal hospital (because the vet is closed for the weekend and holiday), it's a bit of a drive from here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom