How is Heartland for Warranty Issues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kportra

We bought a new Heartland Prowler Lynx last year in June. Never were camping in the rain last year. We got stuck in a big storm tonight and found a leak in the roof. It?s in a closet which is why we never saw it before when looking after rainstorms.

So my question is: are we in for a fight to get this covered under warranty?  Just wondering about other folks experiences.

We haven't had any serious problems, but we have spoken to them and they were very friendly.  I suggest you get yourself onto the owners forum, there are some good pieces of advice and usually a guy from Heartland monitors it.  Also if you call them direct on Tuesday you should get some help.  Make sure you have your VIN number before you call.

There is also a facebook page but think the owners forum might be best.

Good luck.

https://www.heartlandowners.org/forum.php

https://www.facebook.com/groups/869465723095632/

The big question is whether you are still within the 12 month warranty period.  If not, you can expect at least a lengthy discussion about whether the problem existed before the warranty expired. Chances are a leak did not develop overnight, but RV manufacturers are usually very strict about the warranty period.

The phrase you are likely to hear-"it's a maintenance item, and not covered by warranty"

Yeah, it's maintenance even if within the warranty period. However, for most RVs that roof maintenance recommendation is "annual", so leaks within the warranty period probably get covered except in cases of "abuse". Of course, "abuse" is determined by the manufacturer too.

The whole roof leak thing is very much on a case-by-case basis.  I doubt if any opinions we could offer here are going to mean much. The initial assessment by the dealer is going to carry a lot of weight, so try to enlist his support. If he tells the manufacturer the leak probably has existed for awhile and may be a manufacturing flaw, you are probably OK. If he says otherwise initially, you will likely have a difficult time countering it.

I've seen stickers on campers that state inspection of all seals must be done every 90 days.

Our trailer is within 15 days of the one year warranty period.  But wouldn't ya know seals are only warranted for 90 days and it likely is a seal.  Hubby will climb up today and check it out.  If it's a seal I think we'll just repair ourselves as they quoted us $400.  While we're up there we'll do our annual maintenance. 

Was hoping for better, but we can deal with it.  Thanks for the info below and also the library roof postings.

Meanwhile - it was an excellent weekend.  The leak didn't ruin a minute of relaxation for us.

kportra said:
Our trailer is within 15 days of the one year warranty period.  But wouldn't ya know seals are only warranted for 90 days and it likely is a seal.  Hubby will climb up today and check it out.  If it's a seal I think we'll just repair ourselves as they quoted us $400.  While we're up there we'll do our annual maintenance. 

Was hoping for better, but we can deal with it.  Thanks for the info below and also the library roof postings.

Meanwhile - it was an excellent weekend.  The leak didn't ruin a minute of relaxation for us.
We had a leak caused by being unlevel and the seal folded in instead of outwards. Once we sorted that all was well.  Hope it's something simple!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom