Second newbie question! Best manufacturer for class C 22'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatsinQ

So, Moving on from my original question about rear doors ...

Seems like the only manufacturers that make Class C 22' RV's are:  Coachman (Freelander & Leprechaun), Jayco, Gulf Stream (BT Cruiser), Forest River (Forester), Thor (Four Winds), Itasca (Spirit), Gulf Stream (Ultra Mini) & Winnebago (Minnie Winnie). I may have missed a few ...

Are some of these brands more reliable than others?  Is there a particular engine size I should definitely get? A quietest generator? Which brand is know for the fewest appliance issues?  Least likely to have roof leaks? I am buying used, and have very little experience with RV's, so all comments will be appreciated.

CatsinQ said:
Are some of these brands more reliable than others?  Is there a particular engine size I should definitely get? A quietest generator? Which brand is know for the fewest appliance issues?  Least likely to have roof leaks? I am buying used, and have very little experience with RV's, so all comments will be appreciated.
If you are talking about a used RV then no brand is more reliable than any other. Same with roof leaks, none are worse or better. What does matter is how well the RV has been maintained. If buying used you should pay to have a mechanic do a full inspection to see what shape it is in.

CatsinQ said:
So, Moving on from my original question about rear doors ...

Seems like the only manufacturers that make Class C 22' RV's are:  Coachman (Freelander & Leprechaun), Jayco, Gulf Stream (BT Cruiser), Forest River (Forester), Thor (Four Winds), Itasca (Spirit), Gulf Stream (Ultra Mini) & Winnebago (Minnie Winnie). I may have missed a few ...

SeilerBird is correct, what matters most in used RVs is the condition and how well they've been maintained.

Regarding appliances, water pumps, generators, battery chargers, air conditioners, furnaces, hot water heaters, fridges and all of the other mechanical items, with few exceptions all of the manufacturers in the range you are looking at use the same equipment - they build "the box" then install the same oven as everyone else for example.

Back
Top Bottom