First new guests at Casa De Renae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HueyPilotVN

I took Renae to Las Vegas to catch a plane to MN to see the Grandkids Friday.

Yesterday, as I was driving across town I saw a fellow standing on a corner with a sign.  It said "Help my family",  I went around the block and came back.  We talked, he and his family of 11 are having a very hard time.

I now have 11 house guests. 

We had enough beds by using the two guest bedrooms, the motorhome and two blow up mattresses.

Last night we had the best BBQ ribs, slow cooked on the grill.

The kids all had a blast in the pool.

Now I have not got around to telling Renae yet.  She is staying in MN for about 3 weeks.

Film at eleven, or is that film of eleven at eleven.

Now before you start posting comments like that I just did this because it was the right thing to do and no one was around to tell me not to.

HueyPilotVN said:
I just did this because it was the right thing to do
:))
HueyPilotVN said:
and no one was around to tell me not to.
;) Understand

And to this last point, between the drone, the almost internet puppy ordering and now 11 strangers over for a barbie, it's really looking like Renae's going to have her hands full with you hanging around 24/7  ;) ;D ;D

John Beard said:
I hope it ends as well as it began...

This may be a little harsh but I would sleep with 1 eye open and with my wallet in one hand. There are many people who don't give a hoot about anyone except themselves. Hope it works out for you Bill.
Have you gotten the courage to tell Renae yet?

I don't think I have ever met (virtually) as helpful, generous and kind a human being as you are Bill. 

What a guy!!  :-*

jackiemac said:
I don't think I have ever met (virtually) as helpful, generous and kind a human being as you are Bill. 
What she said :))

What they said!

Bill  I  applaud your  wonderful generosity and  pray that  your good intentions are rewarded with similar good intentions.

The family consist of a grandmother, grandfather, mother, father, tiny baby and the rest are in steps about 2 to 3 years apart.

This is a black family and the kids are pretty much hyper active.  The kids all call me "Uncle Bill".

They are polite kids but they are constantly asking all kinds of questions.  They are just being kids.

My houseful of guests left this morning.  I learned a few lessons

It is virtually impossible to manage a herd of young kids.  I really feel for the parents, especially the mom.

in the future, if I do this for any homeless family I will first ask some more questions before I jump in with an offer.

The adults were all responsible and honest people.  One of the kids had put my $1,200 tablet in the back of one of the cars.  His mother came to me and told me about it.  She did the right thing.  I did lose a laser pointer.  the case was left out on a desk with the pointer missing.  They must have thought it was a cool toy.

Now after all of that there was no real damage,  It will take me a few days to just clean up.

This in no way discourages me from having an open invitation to any Forum members that want to come spend a few days here.

I did finally get up the courage to tell Renae.  She said that god protects children and fools.

HueyPilotVN said:
She said that god protects children and fools.

You are neither Bill. This world in which we live causes many (most?) of us to error on the side of caution. Thanks again for stepping up and help a fellow human being when they needed it.

(Funny, my morning walk takes me by a barbecue place that has the smoker running early in the morning. Caused me to think of your ribs and in turn wonder how you and your guests were getting on.)

Bill, now that they're gone can you tell us a little more about them?  Assume they're homeless.  Lost a home?  Four adults and none working?  Are they one their way from one place to another?  Are they driving a car, a van, a bus??  Did you tell them they could stay for X number of days or what?  I hope the adults helped you do some things and that they cleaned up after themselves like good guests do!  Just really curious about their situation.

We all know you're a very generous person.  I'm sure they loved sleeping in a real house and having facilities, not to mention a pool for the kids to play in.  I'm just glad that it worked out okay.  It does sound like they were decent people who needed a helping hand.  You're okay, Bill!!!

ArdraF

Ardra,

Seeing the father and a couple of kids standing on a corner in 100+ heat holding up the sign just tugged at my heart.

I knew that I had lots of room and Renae was in MN.

The situation is still not exactly clear.  The Father was told that he could get a job here in LHC so they came here from Las Vegas.  The job was supposed to be at the wharehouse for a plastic company that makes the storage bins like at Walmart.  A fellow that sometimes does odd jobs for me was just laid off from that company so I am not sure that the job lead is a good one.

The grandparents seem to have some kind of federal voucher for housing but they cannot find a house or apartment.  They said it was for $3000 a month but that seems very strange and like a lot of assistance.

They are driving two cars. a ford and a SUV packed to the top.  I cannot imagine living is that closed space.  They also had 6 dogs in two crates.  Small white dogs.  The dogs stayed in the RV Garage with a fan on.

I did not specify how long they could stay as I did not know how it would work out.

The adults did help some but as you can imagine they were overwhelmed by the kids.  I spent all day cleaning up trash.  The kids would tear open a candy bar or Popsicle and just throw away or hide the wrapper.

The only two firm rules I laid down was that they could not smoke inside and the kids could not swim without an adult present.

I am very happy that it worked out as good as it did. God looked out for you, no doubt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom