Started renovating....can everything be replaced

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackreese108

I recently purchased a 1997 Wildwood 5th wheel. It's about 27 FT.

I wanted to remove the flooring and fix it up a bit as I feel there is some mold and mildew. I took the bed frame apart, had to destroy the base. Then started ripping up the carpet, but the closets on either side are sitting on the carpet so I started to try and take those apart, and I ripped up one panel.

I feel like I'm opening up a can of worms here. Can these panels be replaced easily? I still have not figured out how to remove the closets (or whatever they are called) as they are secured in there pretty good.

I'm also considering taking the interior walls off so that I can bleach any mold behind them, but again worried that they will come off without being destroyed, or that I can replace them without it costing a ton, or being hard to find.

Thanks.

Many of us on this and other RV forums have done a variety of renovations on our rigs. From what I've seen, virtually anything is possible, but the amount of renovation you do will probably be limited by your personal skills and the size of your wallet.  My wife and I have replaced furniture, window treatments, light fixtures, flooring, appliances and plumbing fixtures to name a few things, but we've not taken down wall panels.  But I have seen photos taken by others who have done so.  It's all a matter of what you want to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom