Powderpost beetles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grarmstrong2117

Warning!! My 2018 jayco travel trailer I ordered and received last October was just found to be infested with powderpost beetles. Anyone purchasing a new jayco that was on the line in early October should immediately look for the following signs. Light colored dust that has the feel of talcum powder. Little tiny pinholes that will be located directly above the powder. These beetles take more than a year to hatch and were most likely in the building materials during the build. They are almost impossible to get rid of once inside a structure. Please take immediate action.

G o get some Premise Foam its a white c an of pesticide and inject it into the holes once every two weeks for 2 months and you'll ne good to go.

That only treats the holes you can see. The factory will need to pay for fumigation or replace the unit if the infestation is bad enough.

Do you think it's possible to accidently haul those pests without knowing  it,  into your house?

That would be  very bad.

This is the most major problem that can be faced by anyone. This species often die off due to natural causes so before investing money replacing boards or spraying dangerous chemicals it is important to verify that the colony is still active. If you find active colonies then you should contact a professional pest control NJ expert that will conduct just a wood-destroying insect infestation inspection. After inspecting the situation keenly, they will also suggest the required solution.

My Dads  new 2018 Jayco camper is eat up with powder Beatles also and Jayco told him that it was not there problem , is any one having the same problem ?

stephencamper said:
My Dads  new 2018 Jayco camper is eat up with powder Beatles also and Jayco told him that it was not there problem , is any one having the same problem ?

I'd be contacting a attorney NOW.
The original poster hasn't been back since the original post (1 year ago). Maybe you can send them a PM.
I think if you can find other buyers of that RV with the same issue, you'd have a much better chance of beating them. Going in alone wouldn't get any where.  Is there a Jayco forum out there?

A beetle infestation could have come from the time in transit or while sitting at the RV dealer lot. Unless you can find other Jayco owners with a similar infestation, it's probably not Jayco's concern and you would need to focus on the dealer or the transporter firm.

The best bet is to file an insurance claim (does he have comprehensive coverage?) and get on with life. Going to court over matters where the responsibility is easily debatable is often stressful as well as expensive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom