What's Wrong with My Mobley?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamsend

Hello Everyone.

I'm  home again -- 5,755 miles total, about 65% of it towing.  Many stories, but the major question is something weird going on with my Mobley.

First of all, I had been using the Mobley for internet in my home since June 2017.  Everything perfect.  2 days before trip to begin, I unplugged the power cord and 120 adapter from the wall, and the USB gadget end just  fell apart.  Cheaply home made from one of the vendors selling on Amazon during the rush last year.  So, got on Amazon and ordered  new USB power cable, made very sturdy at least in appearance for overnight shipping.

Next day, I left.  Easily got signal and internet connection but all of a sudden, it only stays on for 30 to 40 minutes then turns off and signal is lost.  PITA.  Happened everywhere for entire trip.  Same thing is now happening in my house -- cuts off, which it never did prior, with the original power cable.

I had verizon via my phone to hotspot, but went over my data limit.  Dont know if I'll get charged by verizon or not for that.

Anyone else had this happen with their mobley ever?  Did I screw up some data setting on my tablet or phone that is causing feedback to mobley to shut down?  Just guessing at stuff with that cause I'm barely getting competent with mobile communications.

Thanks for the help.  Linda

Is it going into power save mode? See page 33 of the user manual. It's been a while since I last used our Mobley, but I vaguely recall having thiss issue and having to change it.

I suspect as Tom mentioned, that it may have reset to the default 30 minute "Power Save" setting. It's easy to change on the admin interface.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 11
You guys are AMAZING!  How do you know all this techie stuff? 

Yes, the timeout setting needed changing.  I must have unknowingly pressed the "reset" button (it IS rather hidden) when I unplugged the unit from the wall socket.  Funny thing, I never messed with any of these settings when I first started using it, and it had always been "on".  Maybe the guy at the help desk that assisted in setting up the web interface and passwords etc, changed the setting.

Anyway, the problem is fixed, and I'm very happy.

Just for information, the login instructions in the user's manual don't work for accessing the ATT Mobley Admin web site.  But, I found this by Googling, and it does work to get you to the admin login page.

A thousand thanks.

edit: Removed Mobley login link  ;)

I posted about my tablet and desktop suddenly  not being able to connect via the mobley network -- worked for 1+ hours to figure out the cause.  I had no more posted to forum about this problem and suddenly both devices connected via the mobley. 

Must have been an ATT problem.  Grrrrrrr technology.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom