Siding blown off while pullinh/ apparent water leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rickyp78

Hey guys, new here. Looking for a little help.
So my wife and decide to take our 5Th on a little camp trip. To be honest, the first leg of the trip felt like i Clark Griswold. Nothing was going right, if it could happen it did.
The last major incident we had, was the front of the fiberglass siding being ripped off as I'm going down the road. Luckily i was able to find the piece stopped at Dollar General, ( only place to open) get some duct tape and some small nails to put the piece back so i could at least get to the camp ground.
The trailer was sitting in storage for bout 6 months. Were no leaks at then, so i assumed there were still none. But behind the siding i could see signs of water stains. Along with being wet.i could see on the roof where there looked liked a leak. Used that white tape with sticky grey backing up there.
But my main question is, can i fix the fiberglass siding or will the whole side need to be replaced. I'd prefer to not do that, cause I'm sure the cost would be more than it's worth. Any tips suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!  If it helps or is needed, the trailer is a 27' ultralight 5Th wheel

You can purchase the fiberglass that is laminated to the luan.  I presume that is what you are referring too.  Just want to mention that it's unlikely that the leak is new.  It takes a prolonged exposure to cause such a failure. As far as replacing the entire wall, my guess is (without pictures) that is what will be required. Unless it's a relatively small effected area, even then matching and sealing the joint is out of my experience (so far anyway ::))

If it's delamination that you are talking about fixing, click on the Composet Products ad above. Help support our site sponsors.

Trailer is an '03.
The area that blew off, I'd say was bout 1/2 of the portion thats over the hitch. I'd like ro diy it, and drop a ton of $$..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom