'OH GREAT GURU'S' - WHAT ARE THESE?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murphcrud

:)
Hi Guys,
The attached pics are for items that I found inside and outside of my MH

The Plastic 9 1/2" (Gripper Tool ??) was found behind the toilet.  The inside measurement of the round area
is approx 4 1/4". The end opening appears to be for a 9/16' hex bolt.

The other dirty white plastic thingamobobby, is about 6" long.  I found it lying outside in the dirt at my door entry.
Is this part of a the mechanism on the inside latch area?  Or is it just an unknown thingamabobby that was lying on the ground at my door entry?? :-\

Attachments

• 2008 sm pic (2).jpg
    2008 sm pic (2).jpg
    27 KB · Views: 242
  • 2008 small pic (3).jpg
    2008 small pic (3).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 197
The top item is part of a door hold open catch. It attaches to the coach wall and mates with 'T' slotted female part attached to the door that sort resembles an upside down bottle cap opener. If you're on a campsite, it may not be from your coach. As Tom said, the bottom item is a water filter wrench.

Seilerbird got it in one!

The other item is more obscure. Maybe a part of a door hold-open gadget? Looks like both ends are designed to go into a slot of some sort, but hard to guess what or why. Hopefully somebody has one like it and can tell us...

** I see Dutch already answered - thanks!

I knew that you guys would have the answers.  I will check that thingamobobby on my next visit.
Where will my water filter be located in a 2008 Jamboree?

Murphcrud said:
I knew that you guys would have the answers.  I will check that thingamobobby on my next visit.
Either under the kitchen sink or in an outside compartment. Here is a photo of what it might look like:

Attachments

• water filter.png
    water filter.png
    345.2 KB · Views: 23
Murphcrud said:

Uh...that is NOT a thingamabobby! It is obvious to anyone with even a moderate degree of intelligence that it is a whatchamacallit.  ;D

therealsimpsons said:
Amazing how three people can look at the same picture, all have a different answer as to what the object is, and along comes moi, just to put your minds at ease. It's a doohicky.

More specifically, a left-handed metric doohickey.

A Traveler said:
Uh...that is NOT a thingamabobby! It is obvious to anyone with even a moderate degree of intelligence that it is a whatchamacallit.  ;D

Let's get the facts straight ----, I have it on good authority (a newfie friend of mine), that is a hoosamodoughie, without the chrome muffler bearings or the highend foofoo valves.

NY_Dutch said:

Well, well, well. 
So all of these other experts were just yanking my chain; including my newfie friend, eh?
Thanks Guys.  Now at least I now know what I have !!!
By the way, don't know what a Newfie is?  I'll tell ya, boy, he is a fine specimen of a man from "The Rock".  Now I'm sure most of you are a lot wiser, including the guy stating a watchamallit, the left handed monkey wrench, or the doohickey.

Murphcrud said:
Well, well, well. 
So all of these other experts were just yanking my chain; including my newfie friend, eh?
You should understand us RVers are mainly old retired folks with lots of time on our hands... :eek:

Ya have to make sure that it's a doohickey and not just a standard hickey. And for the record, a hickey is a lamp/light fixture connector to join 2 threaded pipes similar to a coupling but with a space in the middle for wires to come out. Now a make out hickey, well----

A hickey is also a tool to make a slight bend in electrical conduit.

Back
Top Bottom