Gas Station Recommendation - E470 in Colorado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mldicus

Hi friends! I'm plotting some potential gas stops between Kansas City & Estes Park, CO. I'm doing pretty well so far but am looking for a recommendation. We'll be taking the E470 N loop around the Denver area for about 25 miles (getting from I-70 to I-25). Does anyone know of an RV-friendly stop in that area? I started with the Pilot/Flying J site, but there's nothing in that area. It's close to the Denver Airport, so I'm sure there are plenty of stations...just not sure which would be easy for us to get in and out of. We're a Chevy Silverado towing a 36 ft. 5th wheel.

Thank you in advance!

Michelle

If you're northbound on I-25 from E-470, there are a couple of truckstops at the Longmont exit (10-15 minutes north) that might work for you. E-470 itself doesn't have any fuel exits, as far as I know. I presume you are aware that E-470 is a toll road -- not cheap -- though it is a good road.

Or, if you're a Costco member and your truck is gasoline powered, the Colorado Hwy 7 exit gets you to Costco, where you'll fit fine, though it's in a shopping center.

If you're concerned about ingress and egress to the station and pumps, do what I do when plotting out a trip. Go to street view on Google Maps and give yourself an idea of just how much room you're going to have and how much maneuvering you're going to have to do. I have a pretty good idea of every gas station I'll use on my upcoming trip by doing this combined with Gas Buddy for the cheapest prices.

As Larry has said...no fuel stations on E470 loop.
DIA is out in the boonies. Nothing is close to that unless you want to head to airport where there are several stations.
There is a great Kum and Go at Hwy 66 where you will turn off of I-25 to go west to Estes Park.
Station is on east side of I-25. Plenty of room at far end isles to gas and go.
Costco at Hwy 7 is also a great stop. Lots and lots of room to pull thru , around, whatever.
Google Earth or map these locations to get a feel for them.
Happy trails!

The TA Truck Center in Limon tends to have decent fuel prices. Fill up there, and you can get all the way through the Denver metro.
Then at exit 243 on I-25 (SR-66) follow that to Lyons.
The station there (Diamond Shamrock and a U-Pump-It - ) are generally about 10-20 cents lower than at I-25. Then, of course, follow US 36 up to Estes Park.

There is a Murphy at SR-66 and US287 in Longmont that has decent (relatively) prices, as well.

Back
Top Bottom