Advise needed about 1993 Coachman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wrenster7

Greetings to all !!  New to this forum!

My Hubby found this "deal" through a notice at his work about a 1993 27 foot coachman. Ad stated needs work. When asked what needs fixed they said something about a leak behind the toilet, some wallpaper loose, and something about the floor. We haven't seen it just yet, but was curious if the toilet was a big problem to fix. The loose wallpaper I would figure is from a leak somewhere. Would have to look it over.

Any other pointers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!!

:)
Deborah

The leaky toilet can be fixed rather easily, or replaced fair economically. BUT (emphasis) the loose wallpaper more than likely indicates a leak from the roof at some time, or maybe still. The wall behind the paper could be ruined and the outside laminate bond ruined and could be costly to repair or replace. Finding and repairing the leak is not an easy task.
I would pass on this coach. There are a lot of nicer coaches out there, espescially ones without slides, that have low price tags on them.
With the price of gas skyrocketing a lot of people are wanting to get rid of their old coaches.

Woody

I tend to agree with Woody on this.  Water leaks and damage can be very extensive and hard/expensive to repair.  Lot more on the market to choose from that don't have water leak issues.

Many thanks to both of you on this issue!!  I was having the gut feeling of the same, but wanted feedback from others to confirm my apprehension. You all are na AWESOME bunch!!!  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom