A/C cooling question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragginourbedaround

Looking for the most efficient way to cool our coach. Running the A/C on Auto or running the A/C with the fan on high? We are in Las Vegas for the next week. I understand there are limitations. Just looking for the best solution to staying relatively comfortable. I know...good luck with that!  8)

Based on living in 100 degree weather my opinion is that there is no efficient way to run the air conditioner. Crank it on till it cools down.

We spent 4 days in Boulder City in 104deg weather no shade. Both AC run on high all day. Keep all the shades closed and try to get it cooled down before the heat comes. We always ran it cooler at night to try and bring everything down in temp before the heat of the day. Try to limit in and out of RV also. Just losing cold air. No easy way to do it.

Sitting near Phoenix right now. My concern about running the fan is when the compressor cycles off, the room air is being circulated through the duct in the ceiling and up through the AC unit then back into the room. I?m thinking there is probably cooling loss. (I?m sure every rig is different, if the air coming out of the ducts seems really warm when the compressor isn?t running I?d probably not run the fan continuously.) On the other hand, allowing the unit to run on low fan automatically, means the compressor will run longer. Hard to say. What I?m doing is letting it cycle until the heat gets to be enough that it seems like the compressor is running most of the time, then I switch the fan to high.

AC on HIGH. not sure if it will be more efficient or not but you will accumulate to the blower noise so it won't be as LOUD. also less likely to ice up if yours is prone to that

Hit 100 INDOORS today with one A/C and other one is a trip-the-breakr-a-matic (Soon as it heats up)

If finally put a water shower on the breaker tripper and indoor temps fell like a rock

AND I AM IN MICHIGAN.

August weather in May.> Global warming is a mythe they try to convince me (And fail).

When I left this morning I set both a/cs on cool, high fan temp at 75. The temperature outside got up to 98. When I got home the temperature inside was 78. I can live with that. Tomorrow when I leave I?ll set the a/cs on cool at 75 and see if ther is a difference.

I've experimented with this and there is no doubt that having the fan circulate continuously keeps the PERCIEVED temperature more comfortable and the AC seems to run a little less. That is my MH and is may well be different for yours.

Incidentally I run the bedroom AC with full time fan at 68 in the night time and 74 F days. The second AC is set to 76F so it rarely runs even in the heat of the day. Fortunately it rarely gets much above 90F here in Ft Myers even in the summer.

Ernie

I have one A/C that needs cleaning (Tomorrow AM) as a result it trips the breakers. HIt 100 before I got a water fall on it. then it held and worked. Same trick today if needed, As I said tomorrow cleaning  (Would have done today but had other business)

Ernie n Tara said:
I've experimented with this and there is no doubt that having the fan circulate continuously keeps the PERCIEVED temperature more comfortable and the AC seems to run a little less. That is my MH and is may well be different for yours.

Incidentally I run the bedroom AC with full time fan at 68 in the night time and 74 F days. The second AC is set to 76F so it rarely runs even in the heat of the day. Fortunately it rarely gets much above 90F here in Ft Myers even in the summer.

Ernie
Yesterday I ran both A/Cs at 75 degrees on full A/C auto no fan. The outside temperature got to 102 and the afternoon temp inside my coach stayed at 77 degrees. A 25 degree difference. I started this around 8 am.

Back
Top Bottom