2019 Montana High Country 375FL AC Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVoorhis318

Hello Everyone - 15K AC in the FL area and a 13K in the bedroom both Dometic. The 15K on it's own just barely gets the unit cool, I've been doing a driveway shakedown for about a week now. Today I decided to run the bedroom unit as well and see if I could get things a bit more cool.

After a few minutes I was in the bedroom and I heard a loud snap and both units kicked off, nothing else was on and I've got 50A service. I started to the panel thinking I kicked a breaker and then the power came back on?? At that point I knew it wasn't the breaker so now I'm thinking it has to be something with the converter, just guessing at this point.

Before I move on I thought I would look for some input from the forum?

Thanks Folks

Rob

Rob VanVoorhis said:
Yes Rene I did have the dealer install an onboard SP

I have one from Progressive Industries. If the power from the campground goes above a certain level and below a certain level the surge guard shuts down the power going into the RV. Maybe that's your problem.

You were right Rene, it was the surge protector. Showed a low voltage error on the display, good call buddy!

We are going back to Fort Pierce for the winter, not much to do in Arcadia.

That's awesome Rob. Sometimes you overlook the obvious even when it's right under your nose. I do it all the time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twall
Back
Top Bottom