Battery Disconnect Intellitec BDO (another questions... sorry)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giguer

Hi all, as you can see, I'm new here and already introduce myself here. http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,114211.0.html

On my side, we own a MH Dolphin 97 since 1 year. We've travelled a lot last summer and we will live inside for the summer starting June 15.

Now, here's my question because I'm still new in the world of RV.

Right now, the MH is in my parking and I've plugged it into my house, so 110V I suppose.

Now, when I turn it to STORE, I still have electricity but I cannot turn on any interior light. If I turn it to USE, the red light across the Battery Disconnect light up and I can turn on all the interior light without any problem. And I'm talking when my MH is plugged into my house

So, my first question, is that normal? If not, what can I look to change that?

I don't have my MH right now with me so I cannot give a look with the generator is still the same things.

Second question, what is the real use of STORE/USE on the battery disconnect intellitec BDO. Still confuse about that.
Here my battery disconnect model https://www.prvparts.com/product-p/66004.htm

Thanks for your answer. (if all the question was already posted somewhere, I apologized about that, didn't find something similar to my question so far.)

Welcome to the Forum!

It probably has been answered, but finding it could be a problem because it is asked so many ways.

I believe the switch is a battery disconnect.  It is intended to disconnect (almost) all loads from the battery when in storage to prevent drawing down the battery.  With the switch in store, no battery power is available.  Obviously, in your rig, the converter power goes to the battery on the battery side of this switch.

So this is normal.

RV has essentially two separate power systems.  The 120V system runs heavy use items like A/C, microwave, water heater or fridge running on electric, and 120V receptacles.  It also has a converter to charge the batteries.  The second system is a 12VDC system which is powered by the battery (in the USE position) to run lights, slide outs, awnings, furnace blower, and control circuits for water heater, fridge, and A/C thermostats.

Most RV do not use 240V.  A 50Amp RV plugs into a 240 A plug, but it is split into 2 separate 120V feeds as soon as it enters the RV.
A 30Amp RV actually plugs into a 120V 30A circuit.

grashley said:
Welcome to the Forum!

It probably has been answered, but finding it could be a problem because it is asked so many ways.

I believe the switch is a battery disconnect.  It is intended to disconnect (almost) all loads from the battery when in storage to prevent drawing down the battery.  With the switch in store, no battery power is available.  Obviously, in your rig, the converter power goes to the battery on the battery side of this switch.

So this is normal.

RV has essentially two separate power systems.  The 120V system runs heavy use items like A/C, microwave, water heater or fridge running on electric, and 120V receptacles.  It also has a converter to charge the batteries.  The second system is a 12VDC system which is powered by the battery (in the USE position) to run lights, slide outs, awnings, furnace blower, and control circuits for water heater, fridge, and A/C thermostats.

Most RV do not use 240V.  A 50Amp RV plugs into a 240 A plug, but it is split into 2 separate 120V feeds as soon as it enters the RV.
A 30Amp RV actually plugs into a 120V 30A circuit.

Thanks you so much,

more than appreciated

Back
Top Bottom