1995 Brave - P30 Chevy - No lights no crank no nothin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sandiegotom

Hey guys - this has me and my mechanic stumped.

Symptom:
2 days of dry camping (all levels have been fine, running the generator for an hour a day).
3rd day go to start the RV and nothing.  Check the crank battery it is low.  House batteries are full. 
Throw a charge on the battery but only gets to 8 amps. 
Purchase a replacement 1000ca hook it up - same thing.  No crazy lights on the on position, no headlights, the engine fan runs on an override switch and the brake controller for towing is lit up.

Diagnostic
Traced Power from the crank battery (and house batteries) all the way to the front main electrical poles.  Power from that to what I think is the starter.  After that, nothing.

Could this all be just a bad starter?  Or what else should I check and what am I looking to test on the starter?

Thanks all.

You need to focus on troubleshooting the chassis (starter) battery circuit. Could be a bad ground. One check for the starter is to use jumper cable from the positive of the chassis battery to the starter motor side of the start solenoid.  Be very careful - this will spark and generate heat, wear a glove. If the starter motor runs then you have a continuity problem from the chassis battery to the starter solenoid.

You have to physically trace the ground cable from the battery terminal out to its termination points. A connection could look good but actually not be. The cable needs to wiggled and the terminal closely inspected.

This is sounding more like you need some technical on-site help.

Back
Top Bottom