Sofa Replacement on Slideout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaputnick

The coach has an old sleeper (more like torture rack) sofa that I have removed. The old sofa was held down by ?L? brackets that were screwed into the slideout floor. Flooring under old sofa is carpet.
Since the brackets no longer match up to the new sofa/recliner, are there any issues drilling new holes using the same length screws? Removing the old screws I did not see any wood debris, looked more like carpet and plastic remnants.
Thanx!

When we had our flooring redone the couch was disassembled and thrown away. I don't think the couch was through bolted on the slide floor. Pretty sure there is no plumbing or wiring in the way of your new fasteners but I would run that by Owner Relations.

We replaced the dual power recliner couch with two small Lazy Boy recliners. Huge improvement.

I looked at the manuals that are found on the Winnebago site but they are limited with no real exploded views. The screws were at best 3/4? long; there are seat belt anchors by the wall that I might be able to get some idea of construction. Under the slide looks like fiberglass but I think a call to owner relations is the way to go.
Thanx!

Back
Top Bottom