New batts wouldn't turn the engine over after stopping!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KandT

So my engine batts were getting weak but hey they are expensive and that little "aux. start" button is cheap right?

Well I finally replaced them when I drove the RV for 3 hours when the batts would have been charging the whole time and then spent 5 minutes checking into the campground.  When I came out the batts wouldn't turn the engine over!  Warm engine and 3 hours of charging.

I am not sure what happens internally because when I left they were able to start the engine but somewhere along the way they failed.

13.8 Volts sounds okay. Check every terminal/connection on the positive lead and the ground from the batteries to the chassis. This means from the positive battery post all the way to the starter solenoid. Wiggle the cable, it might look okay but actually be loose.

thanks for the advice.  A friend told me to try some Electric Contact Cleaner spray in such instances.  WD40 makes one type.  I bought it but haven't used it yet.  To be clear it is not the normal WD40.  It is formulated by the company differently.

Fully chaeged batteries and no spin tells me a bad starter.  Older GMs were notrious for heat soaking starters causing no start.

I would start with inspecting and cleaning all terminals.  Sounds like a bad cable, or, bad starter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom