Remove RV Bed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yobie

We have a 2000 holiday rambler endeavor with no slide outs in the bedroom.  I was considering removing the queen bed and replacing it with a sleeper sofa or something more space saving. We travel with 3 kids and am considering making this their playroom or my office during the day.  Any suggestions as my wife and I will be sleeping on this thing and most sleeper sofas/jack knife couches are very uncomfortable.

Thanks

What about a good quality air mattress?  They can be quite comfy.  There are even air up sofa beds.  They have some with a built-in 12 volt pump or you can buy stand-alone 12 volt pumps. If you have a good generator, a 120 vac pump would work fine except you may encounter 'quiet hours' if you arrive late sometime.

The biggest problem you might encounter is...what's under the bed now.  You may find your fresh water tank or some electrical stuff.  Better check that out first.

Im not a big fan of air mattresses, plus with young kids it  will get destroyed, but good suggestion.  There is nothing under the bed in terms of tanks or etc. 

A murphy bed is most likely going to be too tall in the up position  some are 88" tall for the queen size and 90" long when in the down position because of the mechanism, you might be able to make a kit one with a short queen ( 60x75"). I know you are not a fan of air mattresses but, there are very good quality ones out there now.

Here is what I was thinking of doing. 

Buying a 10 in spring/foam futon mattress and making a bed/couch like below.

Attachments

• daybed.pdf
    149.5 KB · Views: 32
before starting, you may want to see of there are any mechanicals hidden under the existing bed that may alter your plans.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom