Repeat spam on my e-mail question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prior member

We keep getting the same spams over and over again on our e-mail.
It appears that the senders just change the last letter in their title so our filter doesn't catch it.

Does any one know how to fix this problem
Our e-mail is Google

jack L

Mark the sender as Junk in your gmail. Google will then begin to filter the spam into the junk folder. It might take a few times of manual marking for gmail to refine the filter, but they should get it. If it is always from the same sender, you can just filter on the sender?s email address, sending it straight to Junk.

UTTransplant said:
Mark the sender as Junk in your gmail. Google will then begin to filter the spam into the junk folder. It might take a few times of manual marking for gmail to refine the filter, but they should get it. If it is always from the same sender, you can just filter on the sender?s email address, sending it straight to Junk.
l

That would work except for the fact that like I said in my post that the spammer changes one character each time and the filter doesn't realize that.

Jack L

JackL said:
l

That would work except for the fact that like I said in my post that the spammer changes one character each time and the filter doesn't realize that.

Jack L

Filter on just the part that doesn't change...

I have two accounts. I used to get like 50 spam a day often 4 or 5 identical spam. most of 'em got caught by the Primary account spam filters so I never actually SAW the messaes. Just the sender and subject lines.

THe secondary account.. I have no idea as I never check the Spam folder there.

Latley I've been getting just a few. Seems the spammers are laying off on my primary E-Mail host as they have figgured out they are not getting any replies.> A good thing.

Back
Top Bottom