Marquis 7000 Oil Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

busterboat

Hi, I'm new to the forum and just bought a pre owned RV.  2001 Allegro Bay 34 Gas with a Marquis 7000 Generator.  Just doing some general maintenance on the generator and had a question on the Oil Filter.  I pulled the old one and it's an Onan 122-0800 but the label on the generator calls for a B series 122-0645.  I go online and everything points to the 0800 as the correct filter but why would the label say something different.  The only difference I can tell is that the 0800 is longer making it easier to get out.  Anybody run across this? Thanks.

The 122-800 is one of the many available substitutes for the original Onan part number.    See this cross-ref list and scan donw to the Onan filters that can be used in place of the 0645:

http://www.oilfilter-crossreference.com/convert/ONAN/122-0645

It's pretty common for substitutes to be made with larger capacity filters, even within the same brand. As long as the filtration spec is equal or better than the OEM filter, and it physically fits in the available space, the larger ones are fine and often last longer becasue of the larger filter capacity.

Thanks for the quick reply and cross reference table. I already purchased the smaller 0645 and installed it so I'll stick with that and go with the larger 0800 next oil change. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom