FMCA Rally in Gillette, Wy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin Means

Site Team
Anyone gonna be at the FMCA rally in Gillette, Wyoming in July? We just made last minute reservations (sort of) and will get there on the 18th. Let me know and maybe we can hook up. We'll be in the 30 amp section, cuz all the 50 amps spaces were sold out.

Kev

We will be there - our first FMCA rally. We will be in the 50 amp area since we made reservations early. I figure it will be a good way to learn more about the new motorhome (aka The Cabin).

We, too, will be in 50 amp section. This will be our first national FMCA rally, though we've been to some regional ones in Indio, CA; Albany, OR and Tucson, AZ.

We will be there in the 50 amp area.  This is our first FMCA rally of any kind.  We're really looking forward to it!

Betty and Terry will be there, parked with National Delegates of Governing Board.  Generator section. Betty is National Director for FMCA 4 Wheelers Chapter and will be attending the Governing Board meeting.  It will  be  our second time attending Gillette and I encourage  those of you with  an interest to sign up for the Saturday Coal mining tour.  It is most interesting. 

We have been to dozens and dozens  of  National Conventions.

Will be in the generator section.  This will be my 14th national convention and 2nd time to Gillette.  I have 2 grandchildren that have been in 44 states while traveling with  Raymonda and I to FMCA rally.
    As Betty said , the open pit mine tours are very good.

Bill Dane
99 Country Coach

Should be easy to use the RV Forum to arrange a"get together" at the event.. We will arrive on the morning of the 18th also for the cheap seats along with Kevin..>>>Dan West & his keeper.

It looks as if we may arrive on the 16th. That's not quite firm yet, though. Otherwise probably on the 17th. We expect to drive straight through from home, probably 6-7 hours.

We were surprised they wanted us in on Monday, 16 July, so we are leaving the Ely area get together a few days earlier than planned. We will be staying in Spearfish two days with full hookups so we can get laundry done and everything cleaned up. I noted the paperworked talked about a honey truck being available for dumping. Does anyone know the cost? We have water and electric, but not sewer.

I intend to arrive at Gillette with empty black and grey tanks,, it's only four days so should be no problem,, especially with bathrooms available on site.. We can always dump at the next RV park we stop at en-route home.>>>Dan

Utclmjmpr said:
I intend to arrive at Gillette with empty black and grey tanks,, it's only four days so should be no problem,, especially with bathrooms available on site.. We can always dump at the next RV park we stop at en-route home.>>>Dan
Ahh, but I will be there from Monday to Sunday. If I concentrate, we can do it, but 5 days between dumping means leisurely showers. I might even do a load or two laundry. Have I mentioned how much I love having a washer and dryer in the motorhome?

Dan, I think you are missing my math. I get to Spearfish after a week in a Forest Service campground in Minnesota, no sewer. Do laundry in Spearfish. Laundry after a week is fairly reasonable. We leave Spearfish and spend 7 days in Gillette, no sewer. Like I said, we can go 7 or 8 days without dumping, but I do like clean laundry after a week. I figure the laundromats in Gillette will be pretty busy with so many people, but maybe I am wrong. Leave Gillette and spend the next 5 days at a State Recreation site in South Dakota. No sewer. Head back to Iowa, maybe stop at a full size campground, maybe not. About three weeks away from home, two nights in full hookups after the first week, everything else in electric only.

Still curious about the cost of a pump out in Gillette.

Looks like you have figured out a "live on the cheap" method of travel,,we boony a lot and have gotten good at Navy showers and "use the other guys head facilities" method.  ( We also have washer & dryer on board and like clean clothes)
  My comments aren't meant to be critical, just comparing living methods with a M/H and the world as it is.>>>

UTTransplant said:
I noted the paperworked talked about a honey truck being available for dumping. Does anyone know the cost? We have water and electric, but not sewer.

I am unsure of  the cost ( I think 25 to $30) but if you want it you MUST sign  up early.  That feature sells out at these conventions. You MAY  be able to sign up online now. If  not,  be at the General information Booth the day it opens to sign up for the  pumper.

Assumptions ALWAYS bite you in the butt. We had planned to arrive at Gillette on the 18Th (opening day), just received our credentials and found our arrival date to be listed for the 17Th.. Fortunately I was able to move all the en route stops ahead one day and make everything work out. SEE YOU THERE!!>>>Dan

Hi,,Mike. No info on any extra's  I only assumed (that word again) the day listed was the day they they expected me to arrive.. No where on the application form is any arrival day day listed or asked..  Info I have from other sources say if you arrive early you will be placed in a "holding area" until parked..  Getting "extra" money out me is like digging teeth out of a chicken..>>>Dan

Back
Top Bottom