FMCA Rally in Gillette, Wy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MikeCoke said:
Dan Do your credentials mention how much the early arrival days cost? ie Sunday, Monday & Tuesday
Mike,
I read in my "confirmation guide" that staying longer than through Sat night is $28/night (plus tax), so perhaps early arrivals are at the same rate.

Nothing in my package said anything about an extra cost for arriving (at their request) on Monday. Has anyone sent FMCA an email asking? I am not planning on paying more for sure.

ETA, never mind. I just send them an email, and I will let you know what they say.

I asked about early arrival for first timers. I should have phrased it as ?arriving before Wednesday because packet said to do so.? Here is the answer I got.

?There is no extra charge involved in arriving early since you registered as a first timer. The reason we have first time registrants arrive on the 16th is because we have a first time attendee orientation we like to have everyone attend on the 17th. Having you arrive on the 16th makes it easier for the parking crew to get you settled in and parked so that you can attend the meeting the next day!

If you have any other questions, please let me know!?

Spending the night in Green River, Wy and tomorrow night in Douglas, Wy.. Campgrounds for miles around being affected by the Gillette rally.>>>Dan

We got a spot in Spearfish, SD a few weeks back. They said it was the last big spot they had. The campground is full of motorhomes, some stuffed into pretty small sites, many with FMCA numbers showing. I am not surprised many places are full. We head in tomorrow to Gillette.

Lot M, 38th St, site C46.We are just about as far away from everything as it is possible to be, but we planned on riding our bikes anyway. If anybody wants to drop by to stay cool without using your generator, feel free to drop by. It is supposed to be hot later in the week. We also have our forum flag posted.

We arrived about 5:15 last nite, and are in site E98 on 5th Street. It's grass but with full hookups (standard RV pedestal, in ground faucets and sewer), packed in like sardines, with our slides about two feet from neighboring slides. We also have the RV Forum flag on the windshield. We were rather tired, so hit the sack early, which is probably why I'm up so early.

Feel free to drop by.

Brewers are in lot H Street 22.  If you look on map it is near  Gate 3.  Looks like my National Director tags got  us some good parking.  I do plan to walk to most places.

Still thinking  of where and  when  for a meet  up of RVForum friends/framily.

BB

We must have been lucky arriving this morning and was parked in 10 minutes directly across the street from the Wyoming center
  in lot E  13th st.  C43.>>>Dan

Quite a little storm ended just a bit ago -- from dark and windy to bright and sunny, after 0.45" of rain here, and a temperature drop from upper 70s to 65. The roads seem to be absorbing the water rather well, though, and winds up to 18.

Utclmjmpr said:
  We must have been lucky arriving this morning and was parked in 10 minutes directly across the street from the Wyoming center
  in lot E  13th st.  C43.>>>Dan

That's pretty wild!  We're in  lot E 13th st.  C41.

There are no  RVForum  secrets.  I ran into Alan and Suzanne ( flexitdriver) in the vendor area today.  They are wonderful and still touring USA in summers from their New Zealand home.  Also ran into  Larry and Kathy B  and convinced them  they need the wine opener I  bought in Parry GA last  FMCA Rally . Bill Dane was searching for treasures in vendor area as well . 

I'm finding we are all parked all over the area.  With entertainment  starting tonight it is hard to do a Social hour, have dinner  and still make it to entertainment.  Maybe we can look for one another  on the  second tier at entertainment area on the  left side as we  face stage.  If we find a spot we like we  can meet up early each night before entertainment and  tell  one another what we bought for the day.

We will search for a " spot" tonight. Leaving our rig at 6:45. 
BB

Naughty Betty!
You are forgiven (just once) for mistakenly referring  to us as New Zealanders! :eek:
I know that a number of AUSTRALIANS refer to New Zealand as our Southern most States, but it is really a separate country! ;D

Allen and Suzanne

Boy oh boy, Life is rich and full! 

We checked out the upper portion of arena to view  singer last night.  Not a good place for acoustics.  We will try for the floor tonight or maybe the upper but back farther.  I've been running into  RVForum  members here and there. Saw Bill Dane  twice today, saw Kevin riding by on his bike, saw Dan and Marge at donuts and coffee this morning.  Just  can't figure out a place for RVForum  to meet.  How about Quartzsite!????  The Attendee hub  app is special and when I learn how to establish a  meeting place it will be a good way to meet up!

Board meetings, Education Committee meetings and looking at new RV's have me  busy busy. Yep I'm really interested in a new rig.  Terry has wanted one for YEARS but today I saw something a that might move the checkbook into action!

But gotta go fix dinner!

Gulp Stay tuned.

Hello all. Kev and Cyndi are in the ?Deluxe 30 amp? section, which is east of the conference center. We?ve got our black Jeep Rubicon parked in front of our reddish Winnie Tour, and our RVForum flag is flying on the windshield. We?re near the northwest side of the lot. If you happen to be in the area, feel free to knock on the door and say howdy.

Kev

Back
Top Bottom