A/C Control Box Wiring Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bwbsr

This weekend I pulled the covers on my a/c unit for some spring cleaning. I usually try and clean the coils at least twice a season. The control box for the thermostat is attached to the inner cover on the intake side. When I removed that cover the 24v wires coming from the thermostat were brittle and a few broke off at the terminals. I was able to open the thermostat and match up most. But I'm still left with a White Wire and a Red Wire. I've done some searching tonight and I'm sure the red is for 12v power because the thermostat isn't working. And I think the White Wire is for the furnace. I just don't know were to connect them. And  I don't want to cause any damage by making some wrong connections. Can anyone offer me some assistance please. I tried to attach a photo but the file size was to large. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread. Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to the Forum!  This board is fine!

What brand / model is your camper?  Same question for the A/C.

The picture would really help.  I have a Mac, and Resize Lite is a free app that works very well for me and easy to learn.

Thanks!!!  Sorry for the lack of info. The camper is a 2013 Evergreen IGo 31BH. The A/C unit is a Coleman Mach.  As for the model number, I can't get that at the moment. The trailer is 2 hours north of me. I'll be headed back up Friday.  I took this picture of the control box before I buttoned things up and came home.

Attachments

• D94843B8-FDE9-4F7A-8378-FCC2F622BEED.jpeg
    D94843B8-FDE9-4F7A-8378-FCC2F622BEED.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 18
Those wires seem to be part of a cable with 6 wires in the sheath. They can go only to one place. Can you find the other end somewhere, perhaps behind the thermostat? From there you can probably find out what they are from the connections at that end.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
The '8330-752' in the photo is the Coleman a/c model number.

Thanks. I wasn?t sure if that was the A/C Model number or the control box model number.

Alfa38User said:
Those wires seem to be part of a cable with 6 wires in the sheath. They can go only to one place. Can you find the other end somewhere, perhaps behind the thermostat? From there you can probably find out what they are from the connections at that end.

Yes, I did follow the cable. It's a sheath of 24v Wire going straight to the thermostat. I'm only assuming the Red is for 12v power because the thermostat currently has no power. I just don't know or see where it came disconnected from. As well as the White Wire. Which must be for the furnace. I did take a pic of the back of the thermostat hoping it would help me match up the 24v wires.

Attachments

• B0AB29C4-5505-48DE-8BB3-6F5058594589.jpeg
    B0AB29C4-5505-48DE-8BB3-6F5058594589.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 11
The more research I do the more I think the red is definitely for 12v +. If I can't  find it in any of the wiring in the a/c unit, I'm going to run a new 12v supply with a 2-3 amp inline fuse to power the thermostat and in turn power the relays in the control box.  I'll worry about white wire for the furnace as we get closer to the cooler weather. If I don't have the a/c unit running soon, I'm going to have a crabby wife. I was just hoping for someone with the same a/c unit that may have a similar setup. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom