Help- Catalina Coachmen 261BHS NEW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PCB2054

We bought a Catalina Coachman 261BHS and have a few questions.
1- Setup, are the 4 scissor jacks just for stabilization, for instance we level with blocks under wheels and then stabilize with jacks OR do we use jacks to actually level trailer.  I was told that we just snug them up and then go a full turn but my wife?s grandfather thinks they are too be used for leveling. I?m not sure.

2- TV antenna. I put the TVs in the coach and tried to ?channel search? but nothing came up. I have the coaxial cable plugged into ports and then hooked to TVs. Is there another button I need to hit?  Do they just not work great?  Not sure, haven?t used an antenna for open wave tv in about 20 years but guy at dealer indicated these antennas normally get 10-15 channels. Obviously in a hollow in middle of nowhere it won?t work as well.  Thought?  Tips?

Thanks for the input in advance. We appreciate it!

Congrats on your new camper!!

First, those are STABILIZER jacks, meant to support, not lift.
Level side to side while still attached to your Tow Vehicle (TV).  Park and check level, then add boards under the low side by pulling or backing onto the boards until level.
Unhook from the TV.  Use the tongue jack to level front to back.  Now lower the front about two turns of the jack.  Lower the rear stabilizers until snug.  Raise the tongue jack 4 turns (two to level, and two more).  Lower the front stabilizers to snug, then lower the tongue jack two turns to level.

Many Televisions have an amplified antenna.  One of the TV connections may have a 12VDC outlet and a coax connection and a button and small light.  The coax is indeed to feed the TV.  With the button out, no light on, the coax connects to the Camp Cable input.  With the button in, light on, the coax connects to the amplified antenna signal.  In my FW, with the light off, I get almost no TV signal.  Aiming the antenna towards the station antenna may help, depending on the type of antenna.

Back
Top Bottom