Dometic Refrigerator Check Light Comes On At Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rrgemp

I have a Dometic DM2652. Only a couple years old. When it is running on gas, it runs great during the day. Cools down fine. But at night, the flame goes out and does not re-ignite. I cleaned the orifice and have a nice blue flame. I'm thinking it may be the control board. Considering replacing it with a dinosaur board. Has anyone else had issues like this? Why would it only go out at night? Is it due to the ambient temperature? Thanks.

Could you be having low battery voltage to the control board on the fridge?  I assume you are not on shore power or generator since you are running the fridge on gas.

It's possible that thermal expansion/contraction is making the board fail as temp drop at night, but not very likely.  Low voltage (per Astravelers comments) seems more likely.

Correct.  I am not on shore power or generator.  What's the best way to test the voltage to the board and how much voltage should it be reading?

If I connect it to shore power and it doesn't turn off overnight, would that indicate a voltage issue when it is using the batteries?

Here are copies of the RM2652 Service Manual and Diagnostic Tips.  Hopefully they'll help.

https://mega.nz/#!shJhFapZ!IgCOK_4lu2dOyecADzGSN3VVyHVQ88ZBpC4GguOHiy8

https://mega.nz/#!U4pWCCCT!HeNCEk8mk865zTym_pdtC4vDIR9VI1HmjPp8RKFD6lM

Cheers,

Dan K.

rrgemp said:
Correct.  I am not on shore power or generator.  What's the best way to test the voltage to the board and how much voltage should it be reading?

If I connect it to shore power and it doesn't turn off overnight, would that indicate a voltage issue when it is using the batteries?
Just start with measuring the voltage at the battery. 

Since you are not on gen or shore power, what are you doing to charge your batteries?  If you are doing something to start the charge process when you get up in the morning, such as solar, that would keep your voltage up, until night time when your batteries drop to low in the early morning. 

Just wanted to post an update. I checked all voltages and connections and everything looked fine, so I assumed it was the board. I replaced the factory board with a Dinosaur board, and now the burner relights like its supposed to. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom