Lawyers to rectify RV manufacturing defects

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1PlasticMan1

For the past three years I have had to endure a myriad of problems with my coach.  Most have been resolved by REV - Fleetwood, which entailed my going to Decatur, IN four times with no compensation for mileage.  The major problem has been the Dinette/Lounge slideout, which still has not been fixed.  My structural defect warranty ends this month, am going to my dealer this week to see if he can determine why the bottom layer of the slideout is being peeled off whenever I activate the slideout.  He then has to get approval from REV to fix it under warranty or he will have to charge me.  I had already spoken to tech services at Fleetwood, and they told me that they didn't think it is a structural problem, but to take it to my dealer and have them look at it and contact Fleetwood.  I would like to know if anyone knows any legal firms that specialize in RV industry complaints.

There are "lemon law" firms that handle RV complaints, but they mostly work only in states where the house portion of an RV is covered by the state's Lemon Law.  You first need to check your state's legal provisions to see if they apply to your situation.

If no Lemon Law coverage for this sort of problem in your state, I think you are stuck arguing a "fitness and merchantability" shortcoming  under civil law. That's a tough case to make, meaning a lot of billable hours by the lawyer.  Rarely worth the cost. Small claims court might be more practical, if your state has a sufficiently broad definition of "small".

In any case, you need a local law firm, at least state-specific, so suggestions from others may not be helpful if in a different state.

In any case, Google

Although not specifically RV-related, something that's worked for me in several counties in our home state and in several other states ... call the local Bar Association and ask for a referral for your issue. They've always hooked me up with a lawyer that dealt with my issue. The first 30 mins or an hour is pro bono time/advice, and I've written a check from $50 to $100 that was payable to the Bar Association.

At the end of the pro bono time, you can decide if you wish to continue at normal $$ rates, or walk away a little more knowledgeable. In several cases, the lawyer said "you don't need me, just do (or not do) this...". In another case, the lawyer made a recommendation on where/how to get help that would be more likely to be successful than him. In other cases, I engaged the lawyer.

Tom said:
Although not specifically RV-related, something that's worked for me in several counties in our home state and in several other states ... call the local Bar Association and ask for a referral for your issue. They've always hooked me up with a lawyer that dealt with my issue. The first 30 mins or an hour is pro bono time/advice, and I've written a check from $50 to $100 that was payable to the Bar Association.

At the end of the pro bono time, you can decide if you wish to continue at normal $$ rates, or walk away a little more knowledgeable. In several cases, the lawyer said "you don't need me, just do (or not do) this...". In another case, the lawyer made a recommendation on where/how to get help that would be more likely to be successful than him. In other cases, I engaged the lawyer.
This has worked for me.

Tom said:
At the end of the pro bono time, you can decide if you wish to continue at normal $$ rates, or walk away a little more knowledgeable.

Great idea. But you should probably add one more $ sign to the rate.  ;)

When I read the title I thought lawyers were going to fix our RV manufacturing defects!  I was wondering if they were going to show up in a "habitat for humanity" style?? :D ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom