Tire alignment on trailer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dooger54

I am getting my trailer ready for a summer trip out west and noticed that one of the tires on the front axle of our trailer is worn down on the inside. None of the other 3 tires show this wear. I read some old posts and noticed mention of getting the trailer aligned.  I am familiar with how cars/trucks are done, but how is a fixed axle trailer aligned?  Tires have about 15000 miles on them, I have never had them rotated.  I know, my bad.

The other three tires have decent tread left, but I am considering buying 4 new Goodyear Endurance just to be safe. The tires now are the OEM Castle Rock. 

Trailer tires are aligned by bending the axle until the wheel is back in alignment.  Any shop that does truck alignments can do it.

Lou Schneider said:
Trailer tires are aligned by bending the axle until the wheel is back in alignment.  Any shop that does truck alignments can do it.

Would you assume that if only one tire was worn unevenly on the inside that an alignment is needed?

Dooger54 said:
Would you assume that if only one tire was worn unevenly on the inside that an alignment is needed?

Yes for sure. You probably hit a pot hole or ran up onto a high curb and bent that end of the axle. Easily fixed. I had mine done 2 years ago.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom