What state has the most used class A RVs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

breezie

Sorry if this topic has been covered in other threads (i looked but did not find).

I understand that it will take some time to find the perfect-for-me used class A, so I would rather go to one area to shop instead of bouncing around to all parts of the country.

The question is, which part of the country has the highest concentration of used class A diesel motorhomes to choose from? (and thus, the greatest supply/demand ratio)

Is it south/central Florida? Texas, Arkansas, Arizona?

And then, what is everyone's opinion as far as wear and tear and UV degradation and corrosion??better to get a crispy old rig from AZ or a salty rig from FL?

I would go to Houston to PPL. They have 125 diesels in stock currently and they get new ones in frequently.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-rvs-for-sale/diesel-motorhomes

I would also pick east Texas as prime searching area, there may be more in FL and AZ, but it seems Florida is where many RV's of all type go to rot.  That is not to say that there are not good ones there too, I traveled to FL to buy my current coach even though I live in Louisiana only about 20 miles from Texas.  If you want one stop shopping for used diesel pushers, PPL is a great choice, though when I was there killing time while I was in Houston on other business a few months ago I must say that the condition of many / most of the units on their consignment lot was lower than I would like.

SeilerBird said:
I would go to Houston to PPL. They have 125 diesels in stock currently and they get new ones in frequently.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-rvs-for-sale/diesel-motorhomes

I'm not sure about other areas, but I can vouch for PPL.  I've been there a couple of times for parts for my 5th wheel.  Super people, and wow...what a selection of all types of RV's.  The also have locations in Cleburne (just outside of Dallas/Ft. Worth), and New Braunfels (just north of San Antonio).  I would start any serious searching here.

Florida, East Texas, and Arizona.  All are snowbird Meccas and get a lot of trade-ins over the winter, plus RVing is a year-around business in the southern states.

Thanks for all the response.

It seems like almost all y'all prefer dry and crispy over potentially squishy and rotten when it comes to used rigs.

The southwest wins over the Southeast?

Ya, but you never know where the rig lived or originated from.  They just all seem to collect in those states :)

Mile High said:
Ya, but you never know where the rig lived or originated from.  They just all seem to collect in those states :)
My dealer was able to supply a carfax report which made me a little more comfortable with purchase. Doesn?t hurt to ask or run one yourself before the purchase.

Keep in mind Car Fax will only tell you registration and similar information, if the previous owner was a full timer, they may have set up legal residence in a state that is  tax friendly like Florida, Texas or South Dakota hardly ever setting foot in those states.

Just be sure to run the registration. Just because you are buying it at one dealer does not mean it speant it's life there. PPL and Lazydays has big selections of used. We drove from Illinois to trade for our new coach at LazyDays (Tampa). Sales is great service not so much once you leave.

In Florida, I think look South.  I remember once driving someplace between maybe Tampa and winterhaven, seeing some huge used RV lots.  I remember thinking if I'm ever looking for a used RV I'm looking South

I vote for Arizona. We recently purchased a used class A from a private party (don't have to pay sales tax that way) and couldn't be happier. Most MH's that we looked at from private sellers have been stored under shaded cover so they wouldn't get beat up by the UV rays on a daily basis.

Back
Top Bottom